Total newbie: How would I get PC software to view my NVR setup?

Reaction score
I have a no name brand NVR, with 5 cameras installed. I am using an app on my phone called SuperLive PRO to view live and recorded video. I also use a monitor and mouse hooked up to the NVR. I can also use any ancient browser (since all modern ones do not support NPAPI) to view.
I'd like to use software to view on my PC rather than the interface on the NVR. I have no idea how to setup any of them. I have d/l a few (Blue Iris, SmartPSS, IP Camera Viewer, NVMS-1000) and no go for me. I have gone into the network setting on the NVR and can get a whole bunsh of information like the ethernet, internal ethernet, ports, etc, but don't know what to do with them. I am guessing it may possibly be port forwarding on my router (I use Orbi). I have no idea.
Is it possible, without knowing the brand of the NVR?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have a no name brand NVR, with 5 cameras installed. I am using an app on my phone called SuperLive PRO to view live and recorded video. I also use a monitor and mouse hooked up to the NVR. I can also use any ancient browser (since all modern ones do not support NPAPI) to view.
I'd like to use software to view on my PC rather than the interface on the NVR. I have no idea how to setup any of them. I have d/l a few (Blue Iris, SmartPSS, IP Camera Viewer, NVMS-1000) and no go for me. I have gone into the network setting on the NVR and can get a whole bunsh of information like the ethernet, internal ethernet, ports, etc, but don't know what to do with them. I am guessing it may possibly be port forwarding on my router (I use Orbi). I have no idea.
Is it possible, without knowing the brand of the NVR?
Hi @garth_angst

If you can figure out the OEM of the NVR that will help, as then you can more easily find the better options / instructions.

Try looking up the MAC address of the NVR on your router ( see devices attached to the router ), then search for the OEM of the MAC address...

Reaction score
Hi @garth_angst

If you can figure out the OEM of the NVR that will help, as then you can more easily find the better options / instructions.

Try looking up the MAC address of the NVR on your router ( see devices attached to the router ), then search for the OEM of the MAC address...
OK, will do that now.

I also should mention that the NVR is connected via ethernet to my router, my PC is connected via ethernet to my router and all cameras are POE.

Mac address reported: TVT CO.,LTD, CHINA

Last edited:
Reaction score
ok, so I found the camera I have. They are also TVT; Titaniums to be exact. Not listed on Tiny Cam Pro. Any help?

kots

n3wb
Reaction score
I have figured this out. SuperLive app is for various NVR made by TVT. In my case, my NVR is rebadged as Titanium NVR.

To use TinyCam, select Generic, RTSP over TCP and use this address in this format: rtsp:/<ip address>:554/chID=1&streamType=main

Just vary the chID=1 to different channels. Hope that works for you.

Maybe this can be added in TinyCam under TVT/Titanium brand NVR. Enjoy!

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@garth_angst ,

To clarify the info from @kots , be sure to have 2 "/" (slashes) after the "rstp" and the colon, as the forum software won't allow showing 2.
Also, the IP he's referring to is the NVR's IP address.

Reaction score
Thank you to both of you. I'll give it a shot.
No go for me.
Now I have to say, I am using the kindle fire edition. Don't know how old it is, but it is the pro version. I got it a few years back when it was free promotion.
I did pick generic brand, generic url camera, entered rtsp:/10.0.0.3:554/chID=1@streamtype=main under jpeg/mjpreg/rtsp request. Protocal rtsp over tcp.

I tried channels 1-4. Don't know how high I should go.

It says video failed check username and password. Of course I put in the same ones I use to login on my NVR and app, so it's not that.

kots

n3wb
Reaction score
Try this then. Go to your NVR IP using this URL (case-sensitive GetStreamCaps) http://<ip address>/GetStreamCaps

Look for the RTSP URL as shown on the sample image below:
1580011448596.png

Reaction score
Try this then. Go to your NVR IP using this URL (case-sensitive GetStreamCaps) http://<ip address>/GetStreamCaps

Look for the RTSP URL as shown on the sample image below:
I appreciate your help so much. Confirmed, I typed in exactly as that URL in blue.
Wouldn't you know though, it works now.
I was only trying "test" camera and it always gave me that message. I went back to the main page and it popped up asking for username and password. When I did that, the camera came up.
Thank you very much. I think I may have an old version of the software. I'll try to install current app on either my phone or tablet and see if the setup is any different. I'll try the free one and if I like it, I'll pony up for the pro version.