TP-LINK TL-SF1008P 10/100Mbps 8-Port PoE Switch, 4 PoE Ports

RDC

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Mike are you running 4 cameras on it?. That is where problems seem to occur with these cheaper switches it seems. i.e. power rating turns out not to be able to handle what is actually listed.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I probably have about 90 of those out there and have never had a problem with any one of them. I run 4 cameras on them, router, nvr, and even sometimes a customer plugs his computer into it.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Mike are you running 4 cameras on it?. That is where problems seem to occur with these cheaper switches it seems. i.e. power rating turns out not to be able to handle what is actually listed.
I only have a couple of cameras plugged into mine but I know several people with all of the ports full with no issues.

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ive bought 3 or 4 of those on amazon and they work like champs. Plus they are not super loud like the 8 port models.

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Actually just had a TP-Link start to go bad with 1 port not working. Will be replacing it with a Netgear soon because that's what the installer likes, why I don't know because we lost all PoE on a Netgear switch and waiting for Netgear to resolve it under warranty.

dalepa

Reaction score
Trying out my 1st TL-SF1008P today and having issue on my 1st connection to a Hik 2632. The POE status is solid green (port 4), but the link/Act and 100Mbps link lights under the status will come on, blink several times, then turn off for 3 seconds, and repeat....

My Hik 2632 works fine on a tplink injector using the same cables...

I made the POE cable, so I'm thinking there may be an issue, but before I go cut the rj45 ends and try again or run new cables, i thought I'de see if anyone has seen this before...

20140503_095814.jpg

Kyle

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I had the exact same problem you did. I bought an ACTi E33 and when I hooked it up, I got the same issues you did. I went out and bought a Planet POE+ 802.3at injector hub and that solved my problem.

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Are you able to try a different port?

I bought a switch made by upvel off Amazon the other day and it's been running for about a week so far. It's a poe+ switch

dalepa

Reaction score
Tried all the ports, same problem. I still need to try a different POE cable and a different camera. Which upvel did you buy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The cheaper one that did 4 poe or 2 poe+ it was for a ptz camera that I haven't hooked up yet

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Can you try the camera with a short patch cable for the camera. It would be easier than pulling new wire and terminating. I'm using that switch with a hikvision camera with no problems. It's the 3 mp dome at nellys

dalepa

Reaction score
just crawled out of the attic, and a prebuilt short cat5 works, so it looks like my cat5 crimping skills still haunt me.

Can anyone suggest a better cat5 crimping tool, im chunking mine.

Can you try the camera with a short patch cable for the camera. It would be easier than pulling new wire and terminating. I'm using that switch with a hikvision camera with no problems. It's the 3 mp dome at nellys

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Buy two keystone Jacks one for each end and forget about the crimping man. Unless you do it a lot or have an unnatural skill it's a pain in ass. Also buy a cheap network tester. I might have one if you want one cheap and I'll th row in a couple Jacks and 110 punch down tools

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Buy two keystone Jacks one for each end and forget about the crimping man. Unless you do it a lot or have an unnatural skill it's a pain in ass. Also buy a cheap network tester. I might have one if you want one cheap and I'll th row in a couple Jacks and 110 punch down tools

Amen on that, I hate making my own network cables. :D