TP-LINK TL-SF1008P 10/100Mbps 8-Port PoE Switch, 4 PoE Ports

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I guess since I do it all the time, it's 2nd nature. When you order the ends themselves, make sure you get the passthru ones. The wires go thru the connectors so you can easily see if the color code is correct. Than when you
crimp it down, the tool will cut them for you if you have the right tool.

dalepa

Reaction score
Buy two keystone Jacks one for each end and forget about the crimping man. Unless you do it a lot or have an unnatural skill it's a pain in ass. Also buy a cheap network tester. I might have one if you want one cheap and I'll th row in a couple Jacks and 110 punch down tools

Do they make male cat5e keystone Jacks? I'm running cat5 cables from the cams to the POE router...

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It is only female Jacks then connect with a 6 inch patch cable. At the dvr end you can put a jack in or a patch panel depending on how many cables. Then hook patch cable up to that

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
dalepa, all cat5 is twisted. When you strip them, you have to untwist the pairs and push them straight into the connector.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
guys, there is no need for keystone jacks and patch cords. just put the ends on the wires and your done. do not be afraid, they do not bite, lol

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
never used the ez-rj45 connectors but I know the standard ones were a bear for me to.get a hang of. For initial investment some Jacks are the easiest and cheapest for reliability sakes unless you plan on doing tons of wiring

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

dalepa

Reaction score
Just had a lightning strike, and TL-SF1008P now the POE MAX light red. Even if I unplug all the POE and ethernet ports, and re-power, still red...

guess it's dead?

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
We've lost a couple of pricey switches at our once every 50 year lightning storm, so I feel your pain. If it's still under warranty, you should be able to send it and get it repaired/replaced.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
EDIT, i must have hit edit rather than reply so my reply got posted in dalepa's post. I just removed it.
This was the intended response.
Probably dead. Unplug it for a while but if it doesnt come back its most likely dead. You may want to test with another power supply. Was ip plugged into a surge suppressor? Are any of your cameras fried?