transfer app to New android smart phone

Chuck123

n3wb
Reaction score
I just transferred all apps from my Samsung 5 to and S8 but I can't get the BI app to work. It will not find my IP, I manually added all info including ID/PW but it will not connect. Do I need to uninstall on old phone?
thanks for any help.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I just transferred all apps from my Samsung 5 to and S8 but I can't get the BI app to work. It will not find my IP, I manually added all info including ID/PW but it will not connect. Do I need to uninstall on old phone?
thanks for any help.
you likely have something set wrong...double check everything...the app will work on 500 devices if they all have the same google account..

Nanookofthenorth

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Which version of BI? Recent apps are not compatible with BI3. If you have BI3, you will have to side load the older version apk on the S8.

Chuck123

n3wb
Reaction score
you likely have something set wrong...double check everything...the app will work on 500 devices if they all have the same google account..
the app is version 2.0.45
desktop is version 4.5.3.2 X 64
I just powered up my old phone, opened the app and it works fine. I didn't change anything (that I know of) only transferred all apps from old to new. then entered username and password and the first 5 and last 5 digits of my Blue Iris license.

Chuck123

n3wb
Reaction score
also, not sure what my google account has to do with this, but I did change my google account password recently

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
also, not sure what my google account has to do with this, but I did change my google account password recently
You questioned whether you had to uninstall from your old phone...

Chuck123

n3wb
Reaction score
yes, and I am still questioning if I need too, since it is a pay for app, 9.99, I was wondering if it is for one device only.