Trash Guy weirdness

jrf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Pretty sure this guy was just being "nice" and pickup up trash off the street along his walk...However. VERY bizzare you would pick a random house and dump your bag in the trash can. Also please do critique camera placements/suggestions.

CAM1

CAM2

CAM3

RobertM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The resolution and down angle is great.
Looks like a husband & wife (self-appointed) garbage clean up team. Perhaps an attempt to increase their property value or they're simply tired of seeing random trash along their walking route. However, with all the anonymous traffic and constant jettison of wrappers, cigs, cans/bottles, etc. onto the road and yards, that's a non-stop task.
Unless they dedicate themselves to that thankless duty continually - they won't make a difference at all. Any just because the couple is picking up other people's trash doesn't give them permission or authority to trespass onto your property and use your private trash container.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
..an attempt to increase their property value...
Hi RobertM,

Perhaps their house is on the market?

Like the angle of cam2 for this case.

Do you have a cam in a similar angle on the otherside of your garage? Concerned you may miss someone if your driveway is full and they're hitting the car furthest away from cam2

jrf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
just because the couple is picking up other people's trash doesn't give them permission or authority to trespass onto your property and use your private trash container.
That was pretty much my thought...thanks...but no thanks. I have no idea who the couple is either so they aren't residents at least nearby.

Like the angle of cam2 for this case.
Do you have a cam in a similar angle on the otherside of your garage? Concerned you may miss someone if your driveway is full and they're hitting the car furthest away from cam2
Yes and no. CAM2 was supposed to be dedicated for that trash/ups drop off area. That's where my packages get dropped all the time. I have another shot of the driveway from the other side but same angle as CAM1 just other direction. CAM3 is really a front door cam that I left landscape so then I also get an overview of the front yard/mailbox area. Again suggestions appreciated!

I'm also replacing CAM2 with a better camera. It's currently a 4431R-Z vari zoom 4mp and going to a 5231E-Z5 for better night vision and better zoom range. Also thinking of turning it sideways to focus more on that area and less on the driveway as that trash area/ups drop off/first garage door is where most of the action happens...but I think I'll just have to try it out as it has been nice with the additional view of the sidewalk as most everyone turns right towards it to walk to my front door.

Last edited: