Trendnet TV-IP310PI and Motion Detection

Reaction score
I have about 12 trendnet tv-ip310pi cameras running on blue iris. I was attempting to set BI to use the hardware motion detection of these cameras, but I have been unsuccessful. Has anyone else been able to do this or have any advice as to any settings I may be missing?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have about 12 trendnet tv-ip310pi cameras running on blue iris. I was attempting to set BI to use the hardware motion detection of these cameras, but I have been unsuccessful. Has anyone else been able to do this or have any advice as to any settings I may be missing?
You need to use the blue iris find/inspect option so it pulls the onvif profile.

Reaction score
Thank you very much. That worked perfectly. Is that something that has to be done for every camera to work in this manner, or just these specific cameras?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you very much. That worked perfectly. Is that something that has to be done for every camera to work in this manner, or just these specific cameras?
Every onvif camera, using the find inspect button will pull the onvif profile. The trendnet is a rebranded hikvision 2032. This is the release note.

• The audio "back channel" is now supported for ONVIF/RTSP cameras which offer this functionality. This means that it's now possible to speak/send audio to these cameras using the Mic icon and client apps without further camera-specific custom support. You will find a new checkbox on the Network IP camera configuration window from the Video tab in camera properties. Only PCM-U law format is currently implemented for this however.
  • When the Mic icon is held down, live audio is muted in order to prevent feedback and to better facilitate 2-way communication.
  • For cameras which support internal motion detection and event "pull point subscription" using ONVIF calls, this may now be used to trigger Blue Iris. After using the Find/Inspect button to get the Events interface and Pull Point capability, set the "trigger using camera's digital input or motion" checkbox on the Motion/Trigger tab.
  • The right-click PTZ/control > DIO menu may now be used for cameras that support ONVIF and whose digital outputs or relays and have been setup via the Find/Inspect button. The menu will enumerate each output by token name and mode, either "bistable" (toggle) or "monostable" (auto-reset).