Tried ordering the SD59430U-HN -- Hit with credit card verification request

duranged2001

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
After reading about CaliGirl's great experience with the SD59430U-HN, I tried ordering from the same vendor on AliExpress. My Visa's fraud alert triggered, and I received a text asking if I meant to use my CC to order from AliExpress. I responded "Yes" and Visa indicated I would have to reorder. I reordered immediately, and the payment was accepted and the order was placed. I received a confirmation email. After just a little while I got another email from Aliexpress indicating that because of the initial decline, my completed order would be cancelled and I would have to appeal.

I'm not very keen on sending a photo of my license or credit card statement to anyone in the US, much less China. I understand that they want to avoid fraudulent credit card use, but their verification process raises my red flag.

Does anyone have any suggestions (ordering using different email/credit card, etc?)

Thank you so much,
David

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Good call on not sending them that info.

CaliGirl

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
After reading about CaliGirl's great experience with the SD59430U-HN, I tried ordering from the same vendor on AliExpress. My Visa's fraud alert triggered, and I received a text asking if I meant to use my CC to order from AliExpress. I responded "Yes" and Visa indicated I would have to reorder. I reordered immediately, and the payment was accepted and the order was placed. I received a confirmation email. After just a little while I got another email from Aliexpress indicating that because of the initial decline, my completed order would be cancelled and I would have to appeal.

I'm not very keen on sending a photo of my license or credit card statement to anyone in the US, much less China. I understand that they want to avoid fraudulent credit card use, but their verification process raises my red flag.

Does anyone have any suggestions (ordering using different email/credit card, etc?)

Thank you so much,
David

Don't send any credit card data or photos to anyone on the internet that request it.

Call your VISA card and tell them that you plan to order a $ dollar item from this particular website today and tomorrow. They will turn off the fraud alert protection on their end. Re-order and let everything go through smoothly.
I never like ordering from a middle man that does not have the item actually in stock. That is a great wait to wait weeks for your order. B and H and Adorama and NewEgg said they had them in stock. I ordered and it turns out none of them were in stock. They simply order from Dahua, add $100 to your order and then it has to ship from their warehouse when they get it. I got my order in a very timely manner by ordering from someone that had them in stock.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
B and H and Adorama and NewEgg said they had them in stock. I ordered and it turns out none of them were in stock.
I still don't know how that happened. Newegg has always had top-notch stock awareness :(

Are you certain your order had not been for an item sold by a third party?

CaliGirl

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I still don't know how that happened. Newegg has always had top-notch stock awareness :(

Are you certain your order had not been for an item sold by a third party?
Yes. Certain. I even called and confirmed on the phone because I had to deal with the credit card payment getting declined. New Egg confirmed it was in stock. But 2 days later I got an email saying it was out of stock and it would be a few weeks to get it. Then I cancelled the order.

---

We're delighted we had what you were looking for!

Your order should be processed and ready to be shipped within 1-2 business days. In some cases, we will also contact your bank for further verification. To prevent delays, please ensure that your billing address and phone number match with the information your card issuer has on file; Newegg takes these measures to protect our customers from debit/credit card fraud and identity theft. * Below is your order confirmation. Please keep a copy for your records.

Check your order status.

Order Summary

Sales Order Number: xxxxxxx
Sales Order Date: 8/20/2016 8:45:18 AM
Shipping Method: Newegg 3Day

1 x ($521.99) Dahua DH-SD59230TN-HN RJ45 2MP Full HD 30x Ultra-high Speed Network IR PTZ Dome Camera $521.99
Subtotal: $521.99
Tax: $0.00
Shipping and Handling: $2.99
Total Amount: $524.98

---

Thank you for choosing Newegg!

We regret to inform you that we are unable to ship one or more of the items in the order below. While our website may have indicated an in-stock status, one or more items in your order were not in stock at the time your order was to be fulfilled. If the out of stock item(s) are part of a combo deal, all items associated with that combo have been removed.

The remaining item(s) on your order will continue to process. Please review the content below for more detail.

Order Information:
Sales Order Number: xxxxxxxxx Sales Order Date: 8/22/2016 10:40:11 AM

Out of Stock Item List:
1 X ($521.99) CAMERA DAHUA DH-SD59230TN-HN R $521.99

The total value of the out of stock item(s), including any shipping charges and tax, will be deducted from the order amount. If we have already charged your order, please allow 1 to 2 business days for a refund of the out of stock item(s).

We invite you to subscribe to the auto-notification feature if available on the product page. You may also want to search our site for comparable items.

Thank you for your understanding regarding this matter. We sincerely hope that you will consider placing an order with us again when your desired items are back in stock.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Ugh. I will have to keep that in mind next time I'm shopping for something Newegg has...

JimandYen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

duranged2001

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just to update, I sent "heavily redacted" images of the documents they asked for. All they show is information that they already have, which is basically my name and address. I blanked out the credit card and license numbers, and fuzzed up my DL picture, birth date, etc.

To any reasonable party, the images I submitted would prove I'm the owner of the credit card. If they balk, it wasn't meant to be.

Thanks for everyone's advice.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Just to update, I sent "heavily redacted" images of the documents they asked for. All they show is information that they already have, which is basically my name and address. I blanked out the credit card and license numbers, and fuzzed up my DL picture, birth date, etc.
Let us know how this turns out :)

XtremeAaron

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I had the same issue with my recent AliExpress order. I wouldn't give Ali the info they wanted so I contacted the seller and paid via PayPal. Ask seller if that's an option. My seller actually offered me to pay via PayPal.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

duranged2001

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had the same issue with my recent AliExpress order. I wouldn't give Ali the info they wanted so I contacted the seller and paid via PayPal. Ask seller if that's an option. My seller actually offered me to pay via PayPal.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Thanks XtremeAaron. Interestingly enough, I just checked my AliExpress account, and I had a message from the seller offering to let me use PayPal.

My "appeal" is still in a "being verified" status. I wonder if they automatically reprocess the order and charge the credit card, or if they just inform me that I am approved to re-order. I certainly don't want to buy via PayPal, and then get a second order via credit card.

I guess I'll just be virtuous, and wait patiently. :rolleyes:

CaliGirl

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks XtremeAaron. Interestingly enough, I just checked my AliExpress account, and I had a message from the seller offering to let me use PayPal.

My "appeal" is still in a "being verified" status. I wonder if they automatically reprocess the order and charge the credit card, or if they just inform me that I am approved to re-order. I certainly don't want to buy via PayPal, and then get a second order via credit card.

I guess I'll just be virtuous, and wait patiently. :rolleyes:
Why didn't you take my advice :) to leave the order unpaid. Then call your credit card company and get the fraud protection removed temporarily and re-order? It would have been a much more painless. Now you are stuck in limbo. You could have had your order already being shipped had you re-ordered in this method. I have done it several times this way.