Trigger Blue Iris recording when an event happens on Hikvision DS-2CD2347G2-LU

Reaction score
I've been tearing my hair out trying to use Hikvision events to start Blue Iris (5.4.3.0 x64) recording but have had no success. I have the latest V5.5.160 build 210108 firmware working fine so I'm able to trigger the LED to come on from line crossing fine for instance so I know that is working. Tried all the ONVIF config I could find online but no joy. I'm trying to reduce false alarms but the new Deepstack integration doesn't seem to be a help as I can only seem to trigger alerts with this rather than - Start recording if you see a person or a car but ignore trees. Is the reason I can't get it working just because I'm expecting something it just can't do ??? Any advice would be gratefully received :-(

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Not clear on what you have tried. You need to enable get ONVIF events on the cameras video/configuration tab in BI. Then on the cams trigger page enable use cameras digital event or motion alarm. Or words to that effect.

Jake1979

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I to am trying to get BI to pick up on face detection from the my hikvision cameras. I have it enabled in the camera. BI settings are set as you suggested however I'm not sure what to set under Linkage in the camera settings. Nothing shows under the ONVIF alerts drop down.

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As of right now, BI cannot pick up face detection from a camera in the same way it can with a camera and NVR combination.

It can pull the triggers from the camera, but BI doesn't distinguish between the triggers (face or tripwire, people counting, etc.) and may not even pull a trigger based on face detection, it may just be tripwire and intrusion boxes. If that camera has intrusion detection based on human, that would be the one to select.

And then you would want to uncheck the motion sensor box by BI so that it is only triggering based on ONVIF triggers.

With that said, recent updates to BI now incorporates DeepStack integration that does have the ability to do face recognition, but that is being pulled from BI and not face recognition in the camera settings.

Jake1979

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Face detection is not working in DS and BI. Unless I'm misunderstanding it's purpose. I don't have an area that shows faces.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Face detection is not working in DS and BI. Unless I'm misunderstanding it's purpose. I don't have an area that shows faces.

It puts the faces in a folder and then you have to go to that folder and assign names to the faces. Then using the BI features you can tell it to trigger or not trigger based on faces.