trigger no alert - motion?

dj_siek

n3wb
Reaction score
hi There,

I recently added some cameras facing my street as opposed to only internal cams. my internal ones are set to trigger and alert if motion when away etc...

but for my front cams, i'd love to have them set to trigger on motion but not alert the app etc. This I thought I knew how to do (just setup motion detection and don't setup any alerts for each profile right?)

However, my cam out the front is not flagging any triggers on the timeline. is the only option to flag an alert in the alert tab to have it flagged i nthe timeline for later review?

Yesterday my neighbours got broken into and I had my cams set to record all day (only my front ones) but it wasn't detecting any motion or triggering so i have to go over all the footage :S

Cheers

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@dj_siek Make sure you have "create alert list images when triggered" checked in the record tab. You dont need to fire alerts to see the alerts in the timeline..

dj_siek

n3wb
Reaction score
ok great. then that should link me and show the footage from then on on that timeline?

Thank you!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
ok great. then that should link me and show the footage from then on on that timeline?

Thank you!
it wont work after the fact..it will only affect new footage. You will see the alert icon in the timeline for triggered events.

dj_siek

n3wb
Reaction score
yep got that from now on it will create alert images for me. thank you very much for the help mate.

dj_siek

n3wb
Reaction score
this is working - thank you

is there a way to stop these alerts appearing in blue iris app? or is it all or nothing?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
From release notes
"
  • From a user's Options/Users page, you may now choose to not use the new-alert and status counters locally and on the client apps. This will suppress the red badge numbers on the app icon and alert images as well as prevent the re-ordering of the most recent alert for each camera to the top of the alerts list.":

mossytrees

n3wb
Reaction score
Reviving an old thread here... is the "alert and status counters" check box in the edit user window on the blue iris admin app the only way to control what affects the iOS badge icon/badge-style counts inside the iOS app? I would like the app to give me a count of new alerts but not new triggers/clips. Right now in my "home" profile I don't have any alerts set but do still have it triggering/recording clips -- if I turn ON the "alert and status counters" check box, I get a badge icon with the count of new triggers/clips for each camera/group. If I turn it off, I get no badge count -- even when I switch to my "away" profile, which does give me push notifications (but no badge icon).

Is there a way to get just alerts but not status counters?

mossytrees

n3wb
Reaction score
Possibly related problem, feel free to tell me to start a new thread if not -- when I'm in the app and on my "AWAY" profile I don't seem to get notified of new alerts...