Trim ring removal Hikvison DS-2CD2335-I

diver165

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
OK, first time poster. I've been lurking here for a while though. But I am having a helluva time with a camera installation. I simply can not figure out how to remove the trim ring on the Hikvision DS-2CD2335-I turret camera.

I've read the instructions. I've googled it. YouTube... Everything says just turn the trim ring counter clockwise. I've noticed the 3 interlocking tabs. One of them has a small detent on it. Got that... But I'll be damned if I can turn that f#*king ring!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF am I doing wrong?

[h=1][/h]

diver165

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
ah HA! I got it. I don't see this going well if i ever have to uninstall the camera while on a ladder! Way harder than it should ever be.

diver165

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Low and behold...the camera was DOA!!! Just my luck. Thank goodness I decided to test the camera out before I hung it up.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Low and behold...the camera was DOA!!! Just my luck. Thank goodness I decided to test the camera out before I hung it up.
What makes you think its DOA? Its VERY rare for that to be the case.

diver165

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Plugged camera into my switch, the POE light comes on but no other lights on the switch. Camera is a no show on the network. I've scanned with hikvisions tool and AngryIP scanner. I've tried different cables, switch ports and the AC adapter. Nothing. I've put lots of stuff on networks. I've never encountered that much problem with a device.

phoenixone

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This may sound funny, but wear latex gloves. Wearing latex gloves while removing the trim ring will give you the grip that you need to remove a stubborn trim ring.
Believe me...I know what it felt like struggling to get a good grip the trim ring when trying to remove it while up on a ladder.

Hope this helps!

Enabler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Plugged camera into my switch, the POE light comes on but no other lights on the switch. Camera is a no show on the network. I've scanned with hikvisions tool and AngryIP scanner. I've tried different cables, switch ports and the AC adapter. Nothing. I've put lots of stuff on networks. I've never encountered that much problem with a device.
Could try listening with wireshark - camera should show activity within 5 seconds of powering on.

Or maybe a different switch just in case of some weird incompatibility? Obviously you know about networks so I assume there's no PC firewall issue. I also assume there's no routing or VLAN complications on your network and it's just a simple LAN.

Could also try putting your PC on 192.0.0.0/24 and ping -t 192.0.0.64 and seeing if you get a few responses when camera is powered on (should do if everything is ok).

Do the IR leds go out in a well lit area when powering on and waiting about 2 minutes for camera to start? They should do if the camera is booting OK which may help if indicate a network problem or if a camera fault.

Very odd/rare for it to be DOA - sellers have to power them on first to make them English. Not much to break in transit though I suppose it's not impossible.

Schmark

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Another approach is to hook up the camera directly to a PC's ethernet port (you also need to provide power) and run SADP. This is a very simple interface that is perfect for liveliness testing of IP cameras.

-S

Enabler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Another approach is to hook up the camera directly to a PC's ethernet port (you also need to provide power) and run SADP. This is a very simple interface that is perfect for liveliness testing of IP cameras.

-S
Err wouldn't that need to be a cross over cable?

diver165

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Could try listening with wireshark - camera should show activity within 5 seconds of powering on.

Or maybe a different switch just in case of some weird incompatibility? Obviously you know about networks so I assume there's no PC firewall issue. I also assume there's no routing or VLAN complications on your network and it's just a simple LAN.

Could also try putting your PC on 192.0.0.0/24 and ping -t 192.0.0.64 and seeing if you get a few responses when camera is powered on (should do if everything is ok).

Do the IR leds go out in a well lit area when powering on and waiting about 2 minutes for camera to start? They should do if the camera is booting OK which may help if indicate a network problem or if a camera fault.

Very odd/rare for it to be DOA - sellers have to power them on first to make them English. Not much to break in transit though I suppose it's not impossible.
I could not see the IR lit (that faint pinkish glow) when I put the camera in a dark room. I've set up lots of cameras on my network. It's just a plain old home network (10.0.0.X). No firewalls on the PC. I gave it nearly a half hour. It never came on that I could tell. No activity lights. I've got a few axis cameras and a Foscam (gasp!) that pop right on the network quickly. I didn't connect it directly to my PC or try a different switch. The switch I'm using for my cameras is a Buffalo BS-GU2016P.

I've got this one packaged to send back to Amazon. I've got 2 Dahua IPC-HDW4421C coming on a slow boat from China. We'll fire those up and see how it goes. To be honest I'm not fretting. After buying the DS-2CD2335 I wish I had gone with the Dahua anyway.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Any standard Ethernet cable will work; not a crossover.

-S
caveat, as long as your plugging into a GigE adapter in your PC, a FastEthernet adapter on both ends (cameras are FE) will require a cross-over cable.. a GigE adapter will auto-crossover internally.