TriVision NC-336W HD, BlueIris, IR Illuminator doesn't seem to work anymore

hoosierdoc

n3wb
Reaction score
I had everything working fine. The camera, BlueIris, the IR Illuminator. Then I upgraded to Win10, reinstalled BlueIris, and now my camera will not seem to recognize the IR signal from the illuminator. I can toggle the IR emitters to off on the camera and the image gets darker. But I have a huge IR illuminator that brightens the entire cul de sac and I see crisp shadows from trees, at least I used to. Now nothing.

I have checked on the camera and all night vision settings are on "auto", I can change them and things get worse, but never better. Any ideas??? I can look at the illuminator at night and it is glowing red. I know it's the correct wavelength. Again, everything worked perfectly before installing Win10 and upgrading to the BlueIris. I had originally installed it 3 months ago.

Camera works great during the day. Any idea???

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I had everything working fine. The camera, BlueIris, the IR Illuminator. Then I upgraded to Win10, reinstalled BlueIris, and now my camera will not seem to recognize the IR signal from the illuminator. I can toggle the IR emitters to off on the camera and the image gets darker. But I have a huge IR illuminator that brightens the entire cul de sac and I see crisp shadows from trees, at least I used to. Now nothing.

I have checked on the camera and all night vision settings are on "auto", I can change them and things get worse, but never better. Any ideas??? I can look at the illuminator at night and it is glowing red. I know it's the correct wavelength. Again, everything worked perfectly before installing Win10 and upgrading to the BlueIris. I had originally installed it 3 months ago.

Camera works great during the day. Any idea???
Welcome to the forum. Windows 10 has no effect on the cameras night vision. These should be a separate option in the cameras interface called IR light control. This is under the night vision settings. Make sure its set to auto.

hoosierdoc

n3wb
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Windows 10 has no effect on the cameras night vision. These should be a separate option in the cameras interface called IR light control. This is under the night vision settings. Make sure its set to auto.
Thanks, good to be here. I need to greatly expand my camera base but am frustrated by where I'm at.

As stated in my OP, all night vision settings are on auto :(

I didn't think win10 would have anything to do with it but posting the only things that changed from when it didn't work to when it did. Was there any software update with BlueIris that would affect how it handles IR light from sources other than the cameras.

I don't have any cat5 long enough to get another camera into the same view but hope to check that tomorrow night.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, good to be here. I need to greatly expand my camera base but am frustrated by where I'm at.

As stated in my OP, all night vision settings are on auto :(

I didn't think win10 would have anything to do with it but posting the only things that changed from when it didn't work to when it did. Was there any software update with BlueIris that would affect how it handles IR light from sources other than the cameras.

I don't have any cat5 long enough to get another camera into the same view but hope to check that tomorrow night.
Blue iris does not affect the cameras ability to view IR light...Blue iris simply pulls a stream from the camera, it doesnt know and cannot change what it sees. If you log into the camera directly you will see the same dark image. You either have something set incorrectly in the camera or the cameras IR filter is stuck.
Post screen shots of your cameras settings.
Post of screenshot of the cameras settings...
Try setting ir light control to on and see what happens..
You can also try resetting the camera.

hoosierdoc

n3wb
Reaction score
been a while since I looked at this but still an issue. I think the IR cut filter is stuck in place honestly. It look just like the example in the manual with LED and moonlight mode off.

is there a way to troubleshoot that?

hoosierdoc

n3wb
Reaction score
this is what my view looks like on the left. The one on the right is how it used to look with IR emitter. I made the mistake of resetting the camera to factory specs and now I cannot get to it. Sigh. Going to have to find a way to hardwire it to a network or perhaps with a laptop

Attachments

hoosierdoc

n3wb
Reaction score
here is a view through the cam. There is an IR emitter mounted right next to the camera that should be lighting that whole thing up like daytime. I used to get a shadow from a shrub by the street that was quite impressive

Attachments

Last edited:

hoosierdoc

n3wb
Reaction score
here is my settings. i turned those on just to try to force it. definitely goes to black and white, and i do get color during the day

Attachments

hoosierdoc

n3wb
Reaction score
here is a view through my sony HD camcorder on night vision mode shooting back at the camera and the IR flood. both the camera and the IR emitter are glowing red when looking at them. Gotta be the IR cut filter stuck.

think I can just phsyically remove it without destroying the camera?

Attachments