Trouble connecting to TIOC camera via web

dougie

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

I've just setup a DH-DHI-NVR4108HS-8P-AI/ANZ and DH-IPC-HDW3849H-AS-PV-ANZ

I set the NVR to 192.168.0.121/
I've been able to access it via a web browser. It works but does warn that it is unsecure. When I click on the web icon for the camera it opens a new tab with 192.168.0.121:10081/?userName=admin&token=111fe3926d2396765d8466ee916a095564e81a4f3d8b5ea08a6094e2a10a5580&targetPage=/index/Preview#/index/Preview

however I get a popup saying

192.168.0.121:10081 says
Message too long for RSA

The menus are available but it doesn't seem to connect properly and there is no live stream. I've tried edge, firefox and chrome with the same issue. I'm at a loss as to how to rectify this

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
this is another reason I recall moving my cams to a POE switch. my nvr played hell loading those :10081 URL's due to the low bandwidth of the NVR and all the traffic of all the other cams coming into the house one 1 Cat5e.
when i swapped them to a POE switch the URLS loaded faster. and not laggy and stammery, wondering if my changes took effect or were even saved.

dougie

n3wb
Reaction score
this is another reason I recall moving my cams to a POE switch. my nvr played hell loading those :10081 URL's due to the low bandwidth of the NVR and all the traffic of all the other cams coming into the house one 1 Cat5e.
when i swapped them to a POE switch the URLS loaded faster. and not laggy and stammery, wondering if my changes took effect or were even saved.
I only have the one camera connected to the NVR. I'm clicking the blue e as per your next post and getting this error 1714122865312.png

I've tried installing the plugin you mentioned but don't think I know how to use it correctly

Last edited:
Reaction score
Try deleting everything after the ip address and port number then it should load the login page for the camera. There is a time limit so you may have to close the browser, login to the NVR, click the blue e, and then try using only the ip address and port number assigned by the NVR.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Did you change the settings for the Internal PoE switch on the NVR to be 192.168.0.X?

Or are those cameras all connected to an external PoE switch?

If so, I can;t recall where I read it but I've seen if you try and change the internal switch to the same subnet as your LAN/NVR it will cause problems.

Why not leave it as default at 10.1.1.X?

dougie

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you change the settings for the Internal PoE switch on the NVR to be 192.168.0.X?

Or are those cameras all connected to an external PoE switch?

If so, I can;t recall where I read it but I've seen if you try and change the internal switch to the same subnet as your LAN/NVR it will cause problems.

Why not leave it as default at 10.1.1.X?
The camera is connected directly to the NVR. That's a really good question. I don't really recall, I may have changed it, thinking I needed to in order to access it from my home network. I do remember it not having internet access until I enabled DHCP. At this point I'm thinking it would be best to do a factory reset of the NVR and camera and start from scratch. What's the safest way to do this. Also if the NVR is on a different subnet to my home network will I be able to access it from a browser?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
No need to default the NVR. Probably need to default the cameras

The NVR PoE ports (internal switch) by default uses 10.1.1.x as a subnet to protect your cameras so they cant be reached/hacked from outside. You would reach them via method #3 below

You can and should change the actual NVR box to work directly with your Network. Assign it an static IP on the same network your router is issuing. If 192.168.0.121/ works, leave it there.

4 options on the Cameras:

1- If you want the cameras to be directly accessible on your LAN like your NVR, you'll need to buy an external PoE switch, connect the switch to the same network, assign each a static IP and plug them into that. This negates any need or benefit of the PoE NVR however. Then you would use the 'Device Search" function, and after discovering them in the top pane, manually add them to the bottom. Note that when you do this the cameras will show their LAN IP address and port 37777. You would contract them directly via their own IPs on your LAN OR via the blue IE icon
CamReg-Searchdevice.jpg

2- IF your NVR allows for it, you can, Under the Switch setting tab, Toggle ON the "Bridge Mode". This basically converts the internal switch to a normal switch and you can reach the cameras on your LAN IP's (192.168.0.X) directly by typing those IPs into a web browser. Similar to #1 above but using the NVR switch and again negating the benefit of the PoE NVR in that you no longer have the cameras isolated on their own protected subnet. Again cameras will display their LAN IP address and Port 37777
See this video

3 Lastly you can use the PoE NVR as originally intended. When you use this feature, you should leave the switch settings alone. Brand New cameras (or in your case freshly defaulted ones) are plugged into the NVR, they are allowed to move to the bottom pane by themselves (DO NOT MANUAL ADD) and will show up in bottom pane with a 10.1.1.X address and automatically assume the NVR Login/Password. This now isolates the cameras from your LAN. When you need to contact the cameras direct interface, you login to the NVR and click on the blue IE icon for each camera to open that camera's web GUI. Cameras will display their internal PoE address of 10.1.1.X and port 1,2,3 etc
You would need to first set the NVR switch back to factory default per this image
NVR-Switch.jpg
See also this guide though dated is still valid

3b- You can run a mixture of external switch connected cameras along with those connected via method #3 above. Effectively combining option #1 and #3
CamReg-mixinternalexternalcams.jpg

dougie

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for all that have provided advice. At this point I still can't see the video feed when connected directly to the camera but can access and change all the settings. If I have the NVR web interface on my second monitor I can see the changes take effect. I'm happy to leave it like this for now.

I do have another problem. under storage and schedule, I've set it to record general, motion, alarm and intelligent at all times. When I go to search to review footage, the bar is mostly green with the occasional dash of yellow. Most of the motion is missed and there are no alarms or intelligent marked despite me setting off multiple alarms. I'm also getting lots of alerts on DMSS (another thing I need help with once I sort out the recording) and none of this are shown, just green.....