trouble finding firmware for Hik cube camera

piconut

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I purchased a Hikvision 4MP cube camera from Amazon this year and from the web interface it shows to be a DS-2CD2443G0-IW model but I can't find any firmware anywhere that shows it will work with this model. It's currently running version V5.5.80 build 180911 of firmware. I've loaded the Firmware page using the "show more" option and nothing matches. The serial number contains the letters AAWRC which would indicate that it is an international or "western region" model, and not a Chinese version. Can someone kindly point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

piconut

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
OK, I'm not sure why this didn't come up before but on my third attempt, I found the firmware here: DS-2CD2443G0-I(W)

However, it only shows the most recent version. Where are the older firmware versions located? I'm not sure why this particular camera has been so difficult to find.

Any help finding older versions of firmware for this camera would be appreciated.

piconut

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
A good selection of older G0 series firmware here :
I checked several of the versions of firmware from that site and read the release notes and none of them mention my camera model. No Hikvision Cubes listed and none that even start with DS-2CD2XX3. So I don't think any of those are the correct ones for my camera. Can you please elaborate?

I'm curious - why do you need older firmware for your camera?
In the past when I've upgraded Hikvision cameras, I've experienced some cases where I lost functionality going to the newest firmware. Now I only update firmware when I have a camera experiencing a problem and so I try to incrementally upgrade it until the problem goes away instead of just jumping to the latest firmware.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I checked several of the versions of firmware from that site and read the release notes and none of them mention my camera model. No Hikvision Cubes listed and none that even start with DS-2CD2XX3. So I don't think any of those are the correct ones for my camera. Can you please elaborate?
Agreed, I also noticed that, but made the link based on the G0 in the model number. Which may be erroneous, for which apologies.

But I notice that the firmware on the product page that you linked to has G1 in the filename.
Which is confusing.
There has been quite a bit of confusion as to which models are G0 and G1 series, the Hikvision info has been contradictory.