Trouble with HDW-2231 turret

Chase

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Trying to get my camera back online and performed a factory reset by applying power while holding the reset button inside the camera.

It reset the ip to the standard 192.168.1.108

I try going to the address in IE to set the camera up but it won’t open or connect or anything.

I verify that I see the ip in the list on my router... it does pop up, but doesn’t stay on the list.... it vanishes, then will reappear when the list refreshes.

There are no other users with the same ip, 192.168.1.108

This is on the same ip range as all my other cameras too.

I’m stumped as to how to fix this?

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
How is the camera connected to the network In detail ? Is it using a premade store purchased cable ?

1) replace the cable
2) plug it into a new port on the POE switch.
3) reboot the switch, reboot the router, reboot the pc

Chase

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply

It’s a cable I made.. was working fine for a couple months.. I’ve made all the other ones I’ve used.

The cable is connected to a switch to a dahua nvr

Chase

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Took the camera down to bench test with a store bought cable and same thing happens.

I suspect the camera is bad as I can’t even log into it.

Am I out of luck? I imagine that in order to update the software I would need to log in first.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I just had a Dahua camera, around 2 years old, fail. Not in exactly the same was as yours, yet with the similarity of it going on and offline. I think mine is temperature sensitive because it's totally dead outdoors at 50 degrees, but will begin working after warming up in the house for a while. I did the normal easy steps of reseating all of the internal connectors and looking for flaky solder joints, with no improvement. No change when powering it via the 12 volt input. It had been dropping out occasionally most of the summer, and with the colder weather, it dropped out permanently. The fix will be buying a new camera.

Reaction score
It was observed a few years ago that the period of time you hold down the reset button can impact the success or failure of a firmware flash. Try holding the reset button for a full minute while applying power. See if that makes a difference.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
I have ran into a stubborn cam now and then, and by hooking the cam directly to laptop or pc and then rebooting the laptop. Then use IE and try the 192.168.1.108 if no luck then, you may have a issue.

Chase

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Don’t know if this would still matter but I know my iPad shared the same IP address as the camera did. 192.168.1.108

I have since changed the ip of my iPad but nothing is different.