trouble with loading BI

Reaction score
Stumped as all get out. Had BI working for years on old computer. bought new computer installed blue iris. did import and now it will not load at all... any suggestions? reinstalled multiple times. it basically get to the loading process of creating auto-backup and never moves from there.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Stumped as all get out. Had BI working for years on old computer. bought new computer installed blue iris. did import and now it will not load at all... any suggestions? reinstalled multiple times. it basically get to the loading process of creating auto-backup and never moves from there.
What version of BI?

Reaction score
5.... after messing with it.... had to go in and manually delete all registry settings that are not removed when an Uninstall is performed. Did a fresh install and abandoned the old save file. Not such a big deal as I dont use BI for any motion detecting. I use the cameras. Very cumbersome either way. BI has a long way to go.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
5.... after messing with it.... had to go in and manually delete all registry settings that are not removed when an Uninstall is performed. Did a fresh install and abandoned the old save file. Not such a big deal as I dont use BI for any motion detecting. I use the cameras. Very cumbersome either way. BI has a long way to go.
5 is a meaningless number. There are about 100 versions versions of v5. Some with issues and that is the reason why there are version labeled as stable releases.
Your result is not the norm. I upgraded over 20 blue iris servers without issue as have thousands of others here. If you think blue iris has a" long way to go" there are literally hundreds of alternatives. Pony up the cash and try them. Unlike blue iris they have zero issues. All those companies have laid off their support staff and closed their support forums.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I wonder if "import" is more geared toward a saved configuration that ran on a Specific hardware. In a simple way, I'm thinking BI is looking for a specific x86 processor and a Intel HD graphics version X....and drive names and folder sizes that are possibly incongruent with what the "import" is seeing/telling the new hardware. I don't write code...But I have learned to string together new chains of swear words since I became custodian of 3-4 Dvr's.....