Trouble with Video Length

Reaction score
We are having issues with capturing sufficiently long video clips from triggered events. We are trying to figure out how to increase the record time when an event is triggered. With our current settings, if someone drives up to our gate, we end up with 2 to 4 separate clips of the event. We would like to have 1 continuous video clip of the event, without having any jumps or cuts in the video.

We have tried adjusting the camera trigger break time, motion sensitivity and min duration to try and find a balance that will pickup vehicles and people at our gate without having birds or rain trigger events. We are including our current settings for a reference.

Is there any setting changes you can recommend that will allow us to create longer, continuous video clips when triggers occur?

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
We are having issues with capturing sufficiently long video clips from triggered events. We are trying to figure out how to increase the record time when an event is triggered. With our current settings, if someone drives up to our gate, we end up with 2 to 4 separate clips of the event. We would like to have 1 continuous video clip of the event, without having any jumps or cuts in the video.

We have tried adjusting the camera trigger break time, motion sensitivity and min duration to try and find a balance that will pickup vehicles and people at our gate without having birds or rain trigger events. We are including our current settings for a reference.

Is there any setting changes you can recommend that will allow us to create longer, continuous video clips when triggers occur?
You break time (end trigger) is way to low at 1 second...set it to 30 or 60...

Reaction score
Thank you fenderman! That does the trick.

For some reason I thought that the break time (end trigger) functioned the exact opposite way. I misinterpreted it to mean that I wanted a lower number to keep the trigger active.

Thank you for clearing that up!