Troubleshooting: IPC-HDW5231R-ZE

Bradster62

n3wb
Reaction score
I thought I would post here before I reach out to Andy@EMPIRE for assistance.

I have a Dahua IPC-HDW5231R-ZE purchased in March that has been running nicely for three months. It is powered with a TP-Link TL-SG108PE POE switch.

In late June, the camera failed. In Blue Iris, the error message was "connection refused". Interesting, I can still login to the camera UI but have mixed results navigating the menus before the camera freezes up.

I have performed factory resets and updated the firmware from 2.400.0002.15.R to 2.640.00000002.0.R

At times, the camera will transmit a black screen with static before it fails again and returns to connection refused. I can still login to the UI and reboot. At this point, the camera will intermittently transmit good video but will fail again within a few minutes.

I have swapped cables and ports in the POE switch.

Any ideas for recovering this?

Thank you,

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I thought I would post here before I reach out to Andy@EMPIRE for assistance.

I have a Dahua IPC-HDW5231R-ZE purchased in March that has been running nicely for three months. It is powered with a TP-Link TL-SG108PE POE switch.

In late June, the camera failed. In Blue Iris, the error message was "connection refused". Interesting, I can still login to the camera UI but have mixed results navigating the menus before the camera freezes up.

I have performed factory resets and updated the firmware from 2.400.0002.15.R to 2.640.00000002.0.R

At times, the camera will transmit a black screen with static before it fails again and returns to connection refused. I can still login to the UI and reboot. At this point, the camera will intermittently transmit good video but will fail again within a few minutes.

I have swapped cables and ports in the POE switch.

Any ideas for recovering this?

Thank you,
did you terminate the cables yourself? if so did you use the 568 standard? try a short premade cable.

Bradster62

n3wb
Reaction score
did you terminate the cables yourself? if so did you use the 568 standard? try a short premade cable.
The cable run is self-terminated (T568B) about 30 feet. I am using a pre-made 3 foot cable for bench testing. Both scenarios have the same results with the camera.

fenderman - do you have a suggestion for the factory reset on this camera? I pushed the button for about 10 seconds with the camera powered up.

Thanks

MixManSC

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If it is doing the same thing on a bench with a different cable and connecting directly to its own web ui then I'd say the camera is taking a sh*t and needs to be replaced under warranty.