Truck stolen across street

Jason Hall

n3wb
Reaction score
I’ve been an infrequent lurker here for a while - enough to pick up a couple “best practices” that I appreciate. I’m currently running four ancient Logitech Alert outdoor cameras via POE (on static IPs using DHCP reservation on the router) that are still chugging along, but they are only 720p low bitrate cameras. I’ve got them firewall blocked to/from the internet - only allowed to talk to my dedicated Blue Iris i7-2600 PC with a WD purple (recording 24/7).

There was a truck stolen across the street early in the morning, and I could (barely) make out the perps tried our car door handles, and I couldn’t even tell what kind of car was parked out front - I’m a car guy.

This has pushed the “upgrade cameras” to the top of my to-do list - I’m looking to upgrade to perhaps Dahua Starlight 2MP models. I’ll be adding 3 more cameras, plus maybe a dedicated license plate reader. I guess aliexpress.com is still the preferred vendor here?

Working through the Wiki/Cliffs Notes now. Just wanted to say thanks for the great resource.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome Jason,

Yes, Andy ( @EMPIRETECANDY ) is still the recommended source for quality Dahua OEM products, He now has his own section here even. Note, Aliepxress can be trouble some - so feel free to use Paypal if you like.

Jason Hall

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I see he even has an Amazon store now. Just ordered a couple IPC-HDW5231R-Z cams to get this ball rolling.