True WDR vs DWDR with the DS-2CD2342WD-I makes a big difference!

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yep, it says 4mm on the box label so I'm trusting that's the case.
I meant the sticker on the actual camera. The box means nothing.

Anyway, it's still going to be harder to get a better image than this is you want the camera within the porch area (if that's what you guys call it?)

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I meant the sticker on the actual camera. The box means nothing.

Anyway, it's still going to be harder to get a better image than this is you want the camera within the porch area (if that's what you guys call it?)
Yeah, I'll check the camera sticker and see what it says as well. It just wasn't possible to get a network cable down by the flag where the front door is located. It'll be okay for what my expectations were but I'll be sure to double-check the camera sticker. Appreciate it!

LaurentR

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Unless you change it in the Common Settings it will still use the light sensor to switch from day to night. As for WDR, for cameras I actively manage I adjust the WDR start and end times several times a year. For those I don't, I just set WDR to start at 7AM and turn off at 6:30PM. You're not going to get it perfect without active management unless HIK adds sunrise sunset feature or moves the WDR out of the common settings and into Day and Night.
Another option is to script a change in the switch time from a computer/server/NAS. I do let the camera do the switch, but I run a daily script on my NAS to change the time at which the switch occurs.