Trump's China Tariffs and CCTV personal imports

Kahuna.

n3wb
Reaction score
HI,

Does anyone know if the new 25% tariffs are going to impact personal imports such as purchases from Aliexpress?

If so how will the tariff be collected? I know in Europe that UPS/Fedex etc. act as an agent for the govt. and collect the fees (along with an admin fee) before they will deliver.

Thanks,
K.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
HI,

Does anyone know if the new 25% tariffs are going to impact personal imports such as purchases from Aliexpress?

If so how will the tariff be collected? I know in Europe that UPS/Fedex etc. act as an agent for the govt. and collect the fees (along with an admin fee) before they will deliver.

Thanks,
K.
Hi Kahuna,

There is a list of items, I have not yet heard of any CCTV / IP cameras on it.
Trump is slapping tariffs on $50 billion worth of Chinese goods — here's the full list of products that will get hit

So I would not worry at this time on it. ( w/re to 25% on CCTV equipment )

Kahuna.

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys. I will cancel the panic buying. ;)

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Shhhhhhhhhhhhh... I just about have Mrs bigredfish convinced cameras are going up 400% due to the trade war and I must buy now ;)
Plus sales taxes on EVERYTHING now.. thanks SCOTUS

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Seems soon, Trump will stops the trade war, this is good news. China will buy more and more US goods. :)

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
Taxes - Remember the scene in "The Godfather Part 2" when Don Tomassino says he "Just wants to wet his beak"? That's the government with taxes, "wetting their beaks".