TruVision NVR TVN 11 only records video for third party cameras ONVIF Profile S

idanny76

n3wb
Reaction score
I have an NVR my brother gave to me. I have cameras that have ONVIF and I linked them to then NVR. It's upsetting that the NVR only supports recording video and not Audio for third party cameras. The only audio I get from this NVR on third party cameras is live streaming. Can these NVR be modded or maybe someone has a modded firmware for this brand to be able to open the limits it has on third party cameras? What is even more upsetting it that not only it stops audio from getting recorded on the NVR, but it also stops the Audio from being recorded to the cameras own SD card and cloud storage. Anyone here who have a similar situation found a solution for it. If I could get the camera to record audio to the SD card or cloud..... I wouldn't mind the NVR not recording audio so much.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
It's upsetting that the NVR only supports recording video and not Audio for third party cameras.
It's likely that the NVR will simply record what's being offered to it by the camera.
Do the (unspecified) cameras have a video type selection dropdown or tickbox
to include audio in their configuration screen such as exists in Hikvision cameras, example below :

1669058266882.png

What is even more upsetting it that not only it stops audio from getting recorded on the NVR, but it also stops the Audio from being recorded to the cameras own SD card and cloud storage.
When a camera is connected to an NVR, even over ONVIF, the NVR is given some administrative rights over some of the camera settings, such as video and image and event configurations, where the settings choices are replicated in the NVR against the specific camera.
But I'd be surprised if the NVR will mess with a setting that it doesn't have a replica for such as recording storage settings for a camera SD card.

If you connect to the camera using for example VLC, does it provide an audio stream?
Maybe double-check the camera configuration to see if anything has been missed.

idanny76

n3wb
Reaction score
It's likely that the NVR will simply record what's being offered to it by the camera.
Do the (unspecified) cameras have a video type selection dropdown or tickbox
to include audio in their configuration screen such as exists in Hikvision cameras, example below :

View attachment 146264

When a camera is connected to an NVR, even over ONVIF, the NVR is given some administrative rights over some of the camera settings, such as video and image and event configurations, where the settings choices are replicated in the NVR against the specific camera.
But I'd be surprised if the NVR will mess with a setting that it doesn't have a replica for such as recording storage settings for a camera SD card.

If you connect to the camera using for example VLC, does it provide an audio stream?
Maybe double-check the camera configuration to see if anything has been missed.
I bought a the camera linked below. Its a WiFi Camera that has ONVIF. I have other cheap Yi Dome cameras modded to enable ONVIF and they do record audio to the SD card, but not the NVR. For some reason the Hiseeu cameras are affected by the NVR according to their technical support. ONVIF Profile S only streams video and audio and only records video. ONVIF Profile G records and stores video and audio. The NVR is limiting the audio recording if its a third party camera, but it shouldn't affect the SD card recordings.

5X Optical Zoom,2K Hiseeu Pan/Tilt/Zoom Security Camera,3 Megapixels Outdoor WiFi Surveillance Camera,Floodlights Full Color Night Vision,Two Way Audio,IP66 Waterproof, Motion Detection
Optical Zoom WHD602Z

Attachments

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

idanny76

n3wb
Reaction score
Basically they are saying the NVR through ONVIF overwrite the setting on the camera to video only..... Which then only records video to the SD card. I also wanted to know if there was a way to mod the NVR to do ONVIF Profile G for 3rd party cameras.

idanny76

n3wb
Reaction score
I just notice that the other Yi Dome Hacked cameras are connected to the NVR by RTSP and not Onvif. I think that might be the problem with the NVR disabling audio in the Camera SD Card. But the RTSP link works fine on VLC... but as I when I configure it on the NVR I get no signal.