Trying out Blue Iris

heffneil

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
On a different thread here it was recommended I try Blue Iris. I am in the midst of setting it up - but is there an easy way to import cameras or copy cameras? I am using hikvision cameras and I don't want to manually setup the URL for each one and all?

Any tips or tricks?

Thanks!

Neil

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Setup the first one manually. Then for the next ones, “add new” and choose to copy from the first one. Then change IP, UN, PW.

heffneil

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah I started a new thread. I think I am getting the hang of it now. Seems decent. Need to figure out the seconady stream from main sooner than later!

heffneil

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think I got it working with the direct to disk, and the secondary stream but my CPU is 100% :(

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
In demo mode BI does not enable all the features of a licensed version. That includes direct to disk and substreams, I believe.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am in the midst of setting it up - but is there an easy way to import cameras or copy cameras? I am using hikvision cameras and I don't want to manually setup the URL for each one and all?
Create a new camera, put in cam IP, username and password then let BI "Find/Inspect" .

This can be found BI's built-in 'Help' at "Cameras" ==>> "Video Settings".

Soooo very much can be found in BI's Help; just takes a little time. :cool:

heffneil

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yeah I think its working - just tedious adding cameras on a small keyboard I am using for this PC.

Also I noticed it recording motion but too slow. The first clip was perfect, next detected motion was about 10 seconds too late :(

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Simple solution is use a real keyboard :)

You need to set the pre buffer recording time in the trigger tab of the camera configuration in BI. Additionally set the cutoff time in the trigger tab. I keep mine all set at 3 seconds pre and post trigger and get everything.

heffneil

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
is there a way to copy setting from one existing camera to all the others?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, add camera option and select copy

heffneil

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I must be in the wrong place. I will look on youtube for some videos. Thanks!

heffneil

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Right I know how to copy a NEW camera. I mean if I make a change to settings can I apply it to all the other cameras? Or can I apply settings from one camera to the others?

Weirdly I have a few cameras facing the road. I checked the substream settings, have them all the same but the resolution keeps changing from 16:9 to 4:3 - I prefer the 16:9.

Can't figure that part out. Also I changed the pre-recording to 3 seconds and the latest catch was still late :(

heffneil

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Also can you re-sort the cameras and the way they are displayed? a very newb question I know - but I can't move all three of these cameras to be consecutive.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
some cameras are locked on the screen,. Right click the one you want to move, Unclick Drag lock, then move the picture.

Use the BI help.

Before asking a question search the forum first...
The best way to search the forum is to use Google
In the google search window enter.. site:ipcamtalk.com ?????? ..where ?????? is the items/terms you are interested in.
Example site:ipcamtalk.com PALE MOON BROWSER
site:ipcamtalk.com rearrange

heffneil

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I moved my install to a "better' machine and its running like doggy doo. Cpu is pegged at 100%. It is odd because I exported the registry keys with the backup script and imported to the new machine.

Not sure why is dragging so badly...

heffneil

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah - im not doing that. No reason for a brand new install on one machine to be a problem on a new one. I have about 2 hours invested. I think its just a crappier PC than the laptop I originally set up on.

BlueIris, IVMS all the same. Can't handle the load.