Trying to identify camera HS-VD08G0-I

zita212

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi !
I bought a second hand dome camera. It came in a brown carton box bearing only the model name HS--VD08G0-I. Same model appears also in the camera web interface but there is nowhere a brand name. (not on camera sticker, not on carton box, not on web interface). The camera however behaves like a Hikvision, it is discovered and is manageable in SADP, the GUI resembles Hikvision (minus the branding), it runs firmware V 5.6.0 build 190507, the casing is exactly the same as on Hikvision and the same build quality.
My assumption is that it is made by Hikvision but to be sold as White Label / OEM/ or throug some integrator ? Max. resolution is 3840x2160. The camera runs great but would like to know more about it, also considering I might have to keep the firmware up to date in the future. Anyone knows what could be ?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Does the camera have a hatch for an SD card and a reset button?
If so, it also may have a 4-pin connector which provides direct access to the serial console.
That would be a good source of info about the internals.

zita212

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for the idea. It does indeed have the microSD card slot, the reset button and the 4 pin serial port connector. I do have an USB to 3.3V level serial adapter (which I use to flash modified firmware to my routers). I do not have the proper connector and not ready to solder inside the camera, but I will look if I can find a matching connector on Ebay or similar.

zita212

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks a lot, I saw in another thread someone mentioning Molex picoblade 4-way 1.25mm connector and almost ordered one (the price for postage held me back). But you are more likely to be right with 1.5mm ZH JST.