Trying to integrate multiple blue iris sites

Reaction score
I am taking over the cameras at 18 remote sites. the owner would like to hire one person to view all the cameras at one of the sites. If I place blue iris at all the sites, will optiview work as an integrator at the one site to view all the cameras on the blue iris systems?

Reaction score
It was suggested by an individual I sometimes do contracting work with, but he stated that additional research would need to be done to ensure compliance. According to the statements on the web, it should work, unless Optiview is only compliant with specific equipment or not compliant with Blue Iris - I was wanting to see if someone either had a better, still cost effective, solution, or knowledge of whether this is compliant before suggesting or even testing this. They have between 15 and 40 cameras at each site - it was an unfriendly hand-off, so most of the equipment was taken by the prior owners. due to the number of cameras and sites, milestone would not currently be cost effective, although it would definitely do what the owner wants.

It is my understanding that Blue Iris software would only allow the individual at the site watching all the cameras to log into one site at a time, and then have to log out and log into a different location. If I am wrong about this, please let me know.

Reaction score
Or does Blue Iris have something similar to Optiview in its tools? - As I just noticed that Optiview also sells Digifort, I would imagine that Optiview is only compliant with Digifort, but have not received a definitive answer.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You can install BI at the viewing site and pull streams from all the other sites into it. This however wont allow you to quickly review video unless you also record locally. To review the video you would need to either use the remote management console to log into that specific site, or open chrome and use the blue iris webserver.