Trying to revive 2032F-I

jordanb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,

Im trying to revive a chinese 2032F-I box and camera label 5.3.0 150513 05/2015 That I have had in my cupboard for a while. Being honest I cant remember what happened/what I did to it.

When applying a 12vdc 2a psu, the IR leds are illuminated constantly, the camera does not show in SADP. When I set my pc to 192.0.0.128 and ping -t 192.0.0.64 i get the occasional response when removing and re applying power. I have tried downloading the chinese 5.3.0 from Hikvision China website, the 5.2.5 on this forum, whoslooking's downgrader and also 5.1.6. None of these appear to be giving any hints of life via the Hikvision TFTP, which goes only as far as showing:

[2016-03-05 10:24:22] TFTP server [192.0.0.128] initialized

[2016-03-05 10:24:38] Device[192.0.0.64]test tftpserver

Can anyone advise anything to try out? Not in a rush, was just bored this morning and quite fancied trying to get it working.

thanks

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
i get the occasional response when removing and re applying power.
2 or 3 responses after power up then none is normal - the camera is looking for the tftp server, then moves on.
'test tftp server' is a good indication.
Can I ask a dumb question, for which apologies - it sounds like the tftp server doesn't have a digicap.dav to serve. You did unzip to get the digicap.dav file?
Also - the digicap.dav must be in the same folder as the tftpserve.exe
There is a menu option to change that - but it's flawed and best avoided.

jordanb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Alistair,
i have the digicap.dav file within the same folder as tftpserve.exe and it is extracted.
from memory the update process normally started within 10/15 seconds, as long as the tftpserve
r and camera were communicating. I left this for around 2 mins, but the screen never changed.

i might leave it for longer once I have some more free time to play with.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
That sounds like it should work. The process starts just a couple of seconds after camera power on.
The update itself can take 5 minutes or so - but the status window in tftpserve.exe would give a clear indication of activity.
It might be worth disabling the Windows firewall temporarily in case it is getting in the way.