Turn on and off IR lights with BI schedule

Billito

n3wb
Reaction score
How do I turn on and off the IR lights on my Foscam cameras using BI's schedule. At night my cameras show red and not black and white. After dusk the cameras are red, and when this happens i have to use IP Camera Tool to turn off the lights and then turn them back on, and the camera shows Black and White
Thanks

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@Billito Welcome to the forum. Blue iris does not have the option to trigger the IR light on schedule.. The camera should be doing this on its own. Make sure its properly set.

Billito

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks Fenderman, I use a FOSCAM FI9805W camera and have the IR lights set to Auto. They do switch from color but keep the red hue as in the photo. I use IP Camera Tool to turn off auto on the camera, and then turn it back on and i get B/W. I guess it is an issue with the camera.
When i use the light icon using BI and turn it off the color comes back, but when I turn on the lights with this icon it goes back to red. I guess it is an issue with the camera.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Fenderman, I use a FOSCAM FI9805W camera and have the IR lights set to Auto. They do switch from color but keep the red hue as in the photo. I use IP Camera Tool to turn off auto on the camera, and then turn it back on and i get B/W. I guess it is an issue with the camera.
When i use the light icon using BI and turn it off the color comes back, but when I turn on the lights with this icon it goes back to red. I guess it is an issue with the camera.
In the future, keep in mind that there are much better options than foscam...look at hikvision and dahua.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
@BillitoWelcome to the forum. Blue iris does not have the option to trigger the IR light on schedule.. The camera should be doing this on its own. Make sure its properly set.
I'm a little confused, I presently have 2 Foscam FI9805W's and have the event schedule in Blue Iris turning the IR on and off at sunset/sunrise with no problem, they go to B/W at sunset, back to color sunrise. Maybe I am not understanding the issue correctly.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm a little confused, I presently have 2 Foscam FI9805W's and have the event schedule in Blue Iris turning the IR on and off at sunset/sunrise with no problem, they go to B/W at sunset, back to color sunrise. Maybe I am not understanding the issue correctly.
You are correct, that slipped my mind...it only works on some cameras, but does work on the foscam. Problem, is that OP says that the manual toggle of the IR via blue iris does not resolve the problem, so the event toggle may may not help either.'

Interestingly, with hikvision cameras, the IR on of toggle, does not toggle the IR light but rather switches from day to night mode and vice versa. The cameras have a separate IR toggle that allows the IR to be off (with the IR filter off) while in night mode so you can use an external ir light while disabling the onboard IR...blue iris does not control this function. I think the only way to toggle IR on the foscam is to switch between day and night....as there is no distinct IR on off.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Since Billito has the same cameras as I do I have attached some screenshots, maybe it will be helpful to him. Dang, I guess that means I'll have to change things when I get my 4mp cams from Milkisbad.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You can still use this when you get your 4mp cameras...it will simply switch between day and night mode...it will accomplish the same thing for your purposes...

Reaction score
@fenderman would you point me to the correct thread or tutorial video to learn how to setup a schedule for my FosCams using BlueIris? My end goal is to have my cameras passive (alerts OFF, IR lights OFF) from 6:30am-7:30pm and then turned to the opposite at night (alerts ON, IR lights ON) from 7:30pm-6:30am... Thank you in advance!