Turning off alerts for specific cameras or servers via IOS app

Spooling

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was wondering if it was possible to turn of alerts for a specific camera or server via the IOS app. I've got 2 seperate servers and there are times where I'd like to see alerts only from the 1 server, or from a specific camera. Is there a way to do this via the App without having to make any changes on the server? I've tried turning off In-app alerts from the App's setting menu and I've tried turning off Push Notifications in the cameras setting in the App, but neither seem to turn off the notifications.

Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I was wondering if it was possible to turn of alerts for a specific camera or server via the IOS app. I've got 2 seperate servers and there are times where I'd like to see alerts only from the 1 server, or from a specific camera. Is there a way to do this via the App without having to make any changes on the server? I've tried turning off In-app alerts from the App's setting menu and I've tried turning off Push Notifications in the cameras setting in the App, but neither seem to turn off the notifications.

Thanks
There are several ways to tackle this. If you long press the camera live feed in the app you will get the option to disable alerts for that camera. If you want to completely disable alerts for a server, you can use the traffic signal - in blue iris options other, make sure ONLY disable alerts is checked. Now when the traffic signal is red you wont get any alerts - you can control the traffic signal via the app. You can also set a profile that is identical to your current profile except that all alerts are off. Then use the app to change the profile. This same technique can be used to turn alerts off for specific cameras.

Spooling

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I might have misspoke here... I meant how do I turn off push notifications for a specific camera. Or are alerts/push notifications the same? I still would like the camera to records events, etc. I just may not want to have the push notifications sent to my phone. Thanks Fenderman.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I might have misspoke here... I meant how do I turn off push notifications for a specific camera. Or are alerts/push notifications the same? I still would like the camera to records events, etc. I just may not want to have the push notifications sent to my phone. Thanks Fenderman.
A push notification is a type of alert, so if you disable the alert the push notification will stop. Recording will still take place (if using traffic signal or profiles, you need to obviously set that up correctly)...
disabling push notification sounds and vibration on the app will also work - what exact settings did you turn off in the app?

Spooling

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I tried turning off "Push notifications" in the camera settings menu. That didn't stop the notifications from coming in. I thought this would be the setting to control it.
I also tried turning off "in-app alerts" in the server settings menu. That didn't stop the notifications either.
I know I can go into the IOS app settings menu and disable notifications for BlueIris, but I want the ability to disable notifications from only 1 server at a time, as I have 2 active servers that I use.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I tried turning off "Push notifications" in the camera settings menu. That didn't stop the notifications from coming in. I thought this would be the setting to control it.
I also tried turning off "in-app alerts" in the server settings menu. That didn't stop the notifications either.
I know I can go into the IOS app settings menu and disable notifications for BlueIris, but I want the ability to disable notifications from only 1 server at a time, as I have 2 active servers that I use.
simply use the traffic signal and or disable individual cameras as i explained.