Turret Network Camera, "No Link" ???

jimmi328

n3wb
Reaction score
My turret network camera (model below) has stopped functioning. The error message from the NVR monitor is “No Link”. I first thought corrosion issues due to South Florida’s summer time high humidity. The outdoor connections looked fine, so I removed the camera from its outside mount and connected it directly to the NVR with a short RJ-45 cable. When I go to “Cameras Setup”, D1 is the problem camera whereas D2 is the functional camera. When I click the triangle under “status” a pop-up message says “The network in unreachable”.

Hikvision tech support said something about obtaining an IP address. They also made it more than clear that they would not provide support to me for this issue and stated I need to contact a local professional. Can anyone here tell me how to trouble shoot this?

Hikvision EXIR Series 3MP Outdoor Bullet Camera
Hikvision 4MP Indoor/Outdoor EXIR Turret Network Camera with 2.8mm Lens
Hikvision DS-7608NI-E2/8P Embedded Plug & Play NVR with 2TB HDD

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Does the NVR PoE port that the camera is plugged in to show the 'link detect' and 'traffic' lights?
If so, plug the PC into an unused NVR PoE port and see what SADP shows. Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co. Ltd.
No need to change the PC IP address for SADP to operate.
That will indicate if the camera is operating, and might just show it has a different IP address from normal.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
That's not good news.
Even with a 'bricked' camera, the Ethernet link lights would come on.
What about the IR lights when you plug the Ethernet cable in?
Also as a long shot it may be worth trying a 12v power source if you have one.

jimmi328

n3wb
Reaction score
There’s no IR lights.
I like your 12-volt idea. Perhaps I could strip the ends off an RJ-45 and use a car battery, but I don’t know what wires power the IR.

I believe this has a 3-year warranty; how do I go about a return to Hikvision?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I like your 12-volt idea. Perhaps I could strip the ends off an RJ-45 and use a car battery, but I don’t know what wires power the IR.
The 12V power does not go down the ethernet cable.
Doesn't the camera have a dedicated 12V pigtail?
The IR is powered in the same way as the other electronics inside the camera, from either PoE or from a 12V supply.

*edit*
What about the IR lights when you plug the Ethernet cable in?
By this I was assuming that the PoE was active, so plugging in the ethernet cable applies power.

jimmi328

n3wb
Reaction score
I sent my camera to Hikvision for repair. They replaced the cable and sent it back; I now have traffic lights on the NVR and see the IR light on the camera itself.

I tired the “Add IP Camera” option but none of the options (Refresh, One-touch Activate, Upgrade, One-touch Adding) adds the camera. I also installed the SADP software because I thought perhaps this is where I add the camera, but the software only displays the NVR.

I don’t know where to go from here and my last phone call to Hikvision, they made it clear they would not assist me because I am not a professional installer. Any suggestions?

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
SADP wont pick up the camera if its behind the NVR, (I am assuming you are using the NVR ports for the camera)

What you need to do it power the camera using 12V, and plug it in directly to your own home network. Then SADP will pick it up. Do you have any spare AC adapters lying around? I had a few adapters from my old routers which provided the same voltage the camera needed. The label will tell you what the output it. You looking for 12v ~ 1A-or more. I had some devices with 2A, 3A, those will still work. As long as the voltage is correct, the camera will draw 1A at most, even if the adapter is rated for more.