Turret Not Locking

drlovety

n3wb
Reaction score
I recently bought a Hikivion/Loryta IPC-T2347G-LU 4MP turret camera. I’ve purchased several turret cams in the past, but I can’t get the “camera ball” to lock into place. This camera is similar to other Dahua/Hiki cams where there is a single screw that locks everything down, but it isn’t working on this camera. The outer ring is snug and won’t move, but the “camera ball” is just loose. Any ideas? I’m about to return it, but wanted to see if I’m missing something. I’m assuming something is broken on the base. These are magical screws, I still can’t figure out how they secure everything on a camera that is in working order.

*added photos

Attachments

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Post a few pics showing the base unit so we can see if something is broke or missing.

I have also had the outer ring be snug yet it wasn't seated properly allowing the camera to move, so it could also be that.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The outer ring is snug and won’t move, but the “camera ball” is just loose.
Is the outer ring fully in to the circular slot all around the inside of the base?
With the locking screw loose, the outer ring should be able to rotate fairly freely.

drlovety

n3wb
Reaction score
Photos added above.

Is the outer ring fully in to the circular slot all around the inside of the base?
With the locking screw loose, the outer ring should be able to rotate fairly freely.
Yes, fully in the base. Yes, when the screw is loose, everything can move. When the screw is tight, only the outer ring doesn't move.

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
The only thing that gives you that feeling of resistance are the three black rubber pads. Check to see if all three are present and if so more often than not there's some grease in there letting it offer less resistance. A Q-Tip will let you clean up any possible foreign debris / material.

As an aside the plastic ring piece is a piece of shit design . . .