Turret wall mounting for HikVision, can it be done with outdoor units?

GLO

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,

Is there any reason the HikVision turrets cant be mounted on a vertical wall? (similar to this link Dahua wall-mount-with-conduit)

I have at least 3 locations to mount on brick and want to ensure that it can be done.

I just cant find anything for HikVision turrets on this topic.

Thanks

SamM

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

GLO

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No, just keep in mind that the Ethernet cable coming off the back of the camera is pretty thick (because it’s inside of a water resistant connector), so you’re going to have to drill a bigger hole in the wall to accommodate it than if you used a junction box.

Reactions: GLO

Mike Oz

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, you can easily mount directly to the wall. The two installers I know locally don't normally use the junction boxes as they're bulky. If you have vinyl siding you can leave the connections behind the siding, but with brick like someone said you'll need to drill a larger hole.

venturis

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@GLO. This might seem like a simple enough question but care and attention is required.

That image you attached shows the camera wall mounting as it applies in the Northern hemisphere. If you try installing your camera with these instructions shown it will end up pointing to the sky!

Check with your local Hikvision supplier in Australia for installation instructions specifically tailored for Australia. :)