Two cams with two different angles don't record at same time.

jschlank

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a BI setup and used to only have one Hikvision IP bullet cam running covering my driveway. Recently, I added 2 more cams identical to the first for additional coverage of my driveway and front yard. I'm noticing that when one of my driveway cams is triggered by motion, the other cam doesn't record the same motion even though it is within its field of view. Does BI only allow one cam to record at a time?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a BI setup and used to only have one Hikvision IP bullet cam running covering my driveway. Recently, I added 2 more cams identical to the first for additional coverage of my driveway and front yard. I'm noticing that when one of my driveway cams is triggered by motion, the other cam doesn't record the same motion even though it is within its field of view. Does BI only allow one cam to record at a time?
You can have all your cams recording at the same time...there is no limitation...there could be many reasons why one pics up the motion and the other does not. Do your cams all have the same settings? Is the object larger in one camera than the other...
Also note you can trigger all three cameras to record as a group if any one of the cameras detects motion.

jschlank

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, Fenderman. You've been a big help to me before. I have the motion triggers set the same on all the cams, based on the settings of my first installed cam. I also thought of the grouping technique, but haven't yet been able to find where I set the groups up in the BI settings. I'll keep looking unless you can show me a shortcut.

Nevermind. Found and figured out the group settings. I'll see if that solves my issues.

Really appreciate all your help and knowledge.

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, Fenderman. You've been a big help to me before. I have the motion triggers set the same on all the cams, based on the settings of my first installed cam. I also thought of the grouping technique, but haven't yet been able to find where I set the groups up in the BI settings. I'll keep looking unless you can show me a shortcut.

Nevermind. Found and figured out the group settings. I'll see if that solves my issues.

Really appreciate all your help and knowledge.
Dont use groups to solve the problem..you want every camera to be able to trigger on its own..I was just pointing that out as an option...post images of the view from each camera.

CYANiDE

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Most likely has to do with the object size. Are you using the in camera motion recording or BI motion recording?