Two new interesting cams from dahua

robilium

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey all - i just purchased a 30x starlight PTZ sd59230u-hni from Andy at Empire and works great. However, I am struggling to get the right settings in Blue Iris BI for PTZ. I am using Generic ONVIF for video stream but none of the 3 default Dahua PTZ options or generic ONVIF PTZ seem to be working for BI. Anyone have recommendations or their personal settings they could share? Everything works peachy direct from the cameras web UI.

robilium

n3wb
Reaction score
Just double checked and that is good. The video stream is coming through good, just PTZ controls not working.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Well I know the "Dahua PTZ" and "ONVIF (OXML)" ptz profiles both work for my older Dahua PTZs.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
This may seem strange but try bumping up the bit rate from your camera. I found one PTZ, not a Dahua though, that had stopped responding to PTZ commands from Blue Iris after I moved it to another location. Bit rate was set at 4K but when I changed it to 6k then it started responding to PTZ controls in Blue Iris. I didn't change anything else. It had always worked from that PTZ's web controls in both installations. Seems strange but that's what happened.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
This is strange, other dahua PTZ can work? Maybe the latest new version still have some bug for the Blue IRIS? By the way, Robert, have you finish the IVS and auto tracking? One of my client i sent him he instructions, he said can't config it, i am waiting his screeshot. Maybe something wrong setting i think. His model also SD59230U-HNI too. @Robert Lapp thanks.

robilium

n3wb
Reaction score
No worries Andy since it works great via the Dahua webUI and BLue Iris has Great support. For a ptz camera last time I used a packet sniffer and figured it the commands and sent them to BI and they actually created a camera setting in their app to support it natively. I even have remote access and they logged in and tested :) I just need to spend more than 10 minutes looking at it

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
No worries Andy since it works great via the Dahua webUI and BLue Iris has Great support. For a ptz camera last time I used a packet sniffer and figured it the commands and sent them to BI and they actually created a camera setting in their app to support it natively. I even have remote access and they logged in and tested :) I just need to spend more than 10 minutes looking at it
How about the IVS and the Autotracking working?