Two new interesting cams from dahua

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Haha @bp2008, love your garage cams. Even my place doesn't look like that. If some jerk walked into your driveway at night and saw that he'd either run so fast his shoes would fall off or he'd tiptoe out feeling for landmine pressure plates before lifting his feet...

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Haha @bp2008, love your garage cams. Even my place doesn't look like that. If some jerk walked into your driveway at night and saw that he'd either run so fast his shoes would fall off or he'd tiptoe out feeling for landmine pressure plates before lifting his feet...

Don't bet on it. I put up some cams in my business because inventory was disappearing once in a while. Wasn't two days until the culprit took more inventory and stopped in front of one of the cams and held up the item for the cam to see. All cams were in plain view.
He was shocked (really) when I fired him and the police arrested him.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
True. I was just being funny. Strangely enough I tend to find that cams aren't always a deterrent except for basically honest people. Hell, I've had employees grab cash and run while someone was WATCHING them. Drugs can bring insanity.

jazzy1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
so, the IPC-HDW5231R-Z seems to be really great for low-light...is it good enough for regular day-time quality as well?...a good all-round cam?

jazzy1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
cool, thanks...and if i wanted an inexpensive but decent PTZ, what would you recommend?

then, just need a POE switch, connect 'em up using POE...and run gigabit ethernet from the switch to my Blueiris server right?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
if i wanted an inexpensive but decent PTZ, what would you recommend?
those are mutually exclusive, pick one... inexpensive, or decent.

It costs at least $400 to get into the decent PTZ game; otherwise save your money and buy more fixed cameras..

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

jazzy1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
those are mutually exclusive, pick one... inexpensive, or decent.

It costs at least $400 to get into the decent PTZ game; otherwise save your money and buy more fixed cameras..
got it...ya, too much $ for me....

...so if I go for the 2mp Starlight...is the firmware upgradeable ? if yes, will it still be in English or risk getting switched to Chinese?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
see this recent breakdown I made: Dahua 2MP Starlight Lineup

they are international model cameras; english firmware upgradable yes.. but if you flash a Chinese language firmware to it it'll be Chinese... and as always just leave the fucking firmware alone; it cant be made 100% safe and ive had more features removed than added from updates; if its not broken; it dont need fixin.

i never get people's obsessions with firmware updates, usually if it needs updates it was broken out of the box.. vendors wont keep supporting old hardware forever, one day the updates will stop and time will make them obsolete.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
got it...ya, too much $ for me....

...so if I go for the 2mp Starlight...is the firmware upgradeable ? if yes, will it still be in English or risk getting switched to Chinese?
SD59230U-HNI this is the starlight PTZ, If below 400USD, the choice is too less. Firmware original English and updatable.

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Andy, is the SD59225U-HNI 25x zoom also available with you ?

That 25x zoom might be more than enough for most private persons at their home, and perhpas cheaper than the 30x. (Your competition claims this is also starlight, which might be false)

And what about the lite serie starlight ptz: SD49225T-HN

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Andy, is the SD59225U-HNI 25x zoom also available with you ?

That 25x zoom might be more than enough for most private persons at their home, and perhpas cheaper than the 30x. (Your competition claims this is also starlight, which might be false)

And what about the lite serie starlight ptz: SD49225T-HN
It will be bit hard for us to keep all PTZ stock in, but i can help all guys to book any dahua if you want them. Thanks.

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It is more the price difference where i am interested in, and i guess more people.
The 59230U is nice, but over 600$ shipped.
If the 59225U or the 49225T is much more affordable it might be an option for many people.
We can look at the competition and check with you for a price i guess.

Thanks

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
you can find the Black Face Intelligent 25x for about $100 less than the 30x, $530 currently.. the Lite model is using a chassis I am not familiar with, dimensionally it seems smaller (6.5in diamater vs 7.3in), it takes a lil less power but its slightly heavier.. not sure what the price is, cant find it for sale yet; probably can come down a bit w/out such fast processors onboard.. mebe $450ish

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I asked dahua guys, the still not update the latest FW on the FTP, i chased them, when i have news i will let you know.

Andy

ldasilva

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
whats the word on SD49225T-HN i found 1 seller with it i was thinking of getting SD59230U-HNI
but SD49225T-HN would also work well its also almost $300 less

edited* fixed model #'s opps :)

Last edited: