Two new interesting cams from dahua

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I spent more than $190 on weed today, I guess I am loaded with something..
Well that certainly explains everything, although I am not really surpised.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
ps: that longse does NOT have the same specs, what are YOU smoking? Full Color down to 0.006 Lux that longse can do? Try 0.01 Lux with the IMX322.. Where's the h265 in the longse?
btw Longse has IMX291 motorized VF which has Lux rating of 0.0001 in full color, so we'll see how this compares.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
hm, you must be loaded if you think this is a killer deal. You can get the same spec motorized VF turret from Longse for half the price.

https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/9362-69-motorized-varifocal-4x-(2-8mm-12mm)-Longse
You must be loaded if you think you can compare a longse to a Dahua starlight which has superior low light performance, an SD card slot, a mic, INTERNAL poe. Dahua has a solid reputation for making reliable cameras. Its apples and oranges. The 5mp longse sample I got had lens distortion at the outer layers of the lens.
This dahua is an almost perfect design (except for no alarm and audio interface)..Its comes from a reliable company with stable firmware. At 190 this is a great camera that I would recommend over any other dahua or hikvision turret. You might like to mess around with your cameras all day after an install, the rest of us dont. You have 3 bricked Husiun cameras, and a longse that needs to be vented in the heat...enough said.
https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/13988-What-to-do?p=126937&viewfull=1#post126937

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hm, so if I make text bold that makes it true...I suspect this is a forum bot sponsored by Hikvision/Dahua which automaticaly respond to any negative reply related to any of their cams. That really explains it as I am seeing the same replies over and over while taking things out of context and putting gibberish around it.
No bot no out of context. Simply pointing out that buyers should be aware of the unreliable you recommend. Might add it to the subject title of the longse and husuin..to many folks losing their hard earned money on that crap here. If you think this forum is in any way bought by any company I suggest you find another forum to visit. Any further FALSE and malicious allegations about the integrity of this forum and I will send you packing.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
klasipca must be a Huisun/Longse bot..

I have no problem with the Huisun/Longse offerings, I have a problem with you saying anything that the cheapest junk on the market is better than the shit the professionals rely on every single fucking day.. without any evidence, or experience to back up your claims.. you spread as much bullshit as the news networks do; me, and fenderman feel obligated come in and warn members of your delusional frugal view on security before they fall for your crap.

evidence I dont have a problem with Huisun: https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/13862-Indoor-PT-camera-recommendations?p=126562&viewfull=1#post126562

when was the last post you made about a Dahua that was not just entirely pulling shit out of your ass and trying to derail a conversation promoting something other than your junk?

Ever since you've had an out of focus Dahua for a day you've been talking shit all over the place.. while fixing a bumped focus was totally unacceptable, using external PoE because internal fries and bricking cameras and other critical faults completely acceptable.. Quality costs money, you clearly dont understand this concept.

Last edited by a moderator:

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, how many cams do you want to buy?
Depends How much are you paying for people to use them?

Professional weed smoker much?
Professional Cloud Services Engineer, have to be high to work in the cloud.. or I would just be a Fog Services Engineer :p

I can provide you with a copy of pHD degree from Huisun university. Would this be sufficient?
Its clear your certifiable..

Unforunately, they made me take Bullshit 101 class which I failed multiple times because I was being too honest
Wouldent someone whom aced that class make the same claim? With your pHD I have to assume this is BS.

Just sharing my opinion about high cost, or is it somehow illegal? And why do you still care about my junk and my shit?
You seem to think your opinion is valuable.. its not, were just pointing it out.

Not related to focus which I knew I could adjust but because image quality sucked.
Wait so image quality sucked on an unfocused camera? lol, see above comment

Obviously, someone who ows junkyard of German engineered cars understands this concept very well
Junk yard my ass, they all run great, I have a feeling my 75 bus with a >40 year old original air cooled engine is not only faster and more reliable than whatever your driving, Its also worth more money.

and once again, you contribution to a good discusion resulted in trash talk..

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
and once again, you contribution to a good discusion resulted in trash talk..
Which has been started by you once again, because for whatever reason you take things personally when I stated price/features vs other options and you just went into this rambling shit talk. Anyway, it was fun, but I am done.

essjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Always thought it was written PhD myself.... Maybe Europe is different to the States...

Brad_C

Banned
Reaction score
btw Longse has IMX291 motorized VF which has Lux rating of 0.0001 in full color, so we'll see how this compares.
Chinese lux maybe. Is that 0.0001 lux PMPO perhaps, or is it 0.0001 lux at a shutter speed of 5seconds?

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Chinese lux maybe. Is that 0.0001 lux PMPO perhaps, or is it 0.0001 lux at a shutter speed of 5seconds?
So what do you know about Chinese lux? Isn't Dahua Chinese? but nevermind the lux rating from manufacturer, just look up specs for IMX291 sensor

Brad_C

Banned
Reaction score
So what do you know about Chinese lux? Isn't Dahua Chinese? but nevermind the lux rating from manufacturer, just look up specs for IMX291 sensor
I don't put any credence in Dahua or Hikvision specs either. They all lie. It's evident you've never actually done anything that relies on light measurement or looked at the interaction between the imager and the whole light path, so you oooh and aaah over bullshit light specs without knowing how they are measured, or how they are impacted by the lens.
Thats ok, because real low light cameras cost more than a buck fifty and have serious lenses and light paths.

to throw out one number I happen to have handy. To achieve a real light sensitivity in colour of 0.0125 lux (measured and verified at shutter speeds exceeding 1/60) the camera has a 1" imager, and uses a fixed focus lens that is less than f1.0 with a full 25mm light path. Absolutely guarantee your cheap Buck fiddy Chinese camera with crap glass up front won't get within a bulls roar of it. Hell, the Hik Darkfighter I have here with a matching Hik low-light lens can't get close to it, but the specs on paper supposedly exceed it by a factor of 25. Again, Chinese lux vs real world. So your claims don't impress me because I actually verify this shit for a living.

Imager specs mean nothing unless they give you corrected specs with minimum shutter speeds and maximum lens attenuations. Anyone can make a 0.0001 lux imager in full colour if they never "close" the shutter, they're not useful in the real world.

Send me one of your super star cameras and I'll shoot it out for you agains real cameras with real glass and we'll see whose light specs are accurate.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I don't put any credence in Dahua or Hikvision specs either. They all lie. It's evident you've never actually done anything that relies on light measurement or looked at the interaction between the imager and the whole light path, so you oooh and aaah over bullshit light specs without knowing how they are measured, or how they are impacted by the lens.
Thats ok, because real low light cameras cost more than a buck fifty and have serious lenses and light paths.

to throw out one number I happen to have handy. To achieve a real light sensitivity in colour of 0.0125 lux (measured and verified at shutter speeds exceeding 1/60) the camera has a 1" imager, and uses a fixed focus lens that is less than f1.0 with a full 25mm light path. Absolutely guarantee your cheap Buck fiddy Chinese camera with crap glass up front won't get within a bulls roar of it. Hell, the Hik Darkfighter I have here with a matching Hik low-light lens can't get close to it, but the specs on paper supposedly exceed it by a factor of 25. Again, Chinese lux vs real world. So your claims don't impress me because I actually verify this shit for a living.

Imager specs mean nothing unless they give you corrected specs with minimum shutter speeds and maximum lens attenuations. Anyone can make a 0.0001 lux imager in full colour if they never "close" the shutter, they're not useful in the real world.

Send me one of your super star cameras and I'll shoot it out for you agains real cameras with real glass and we'll see whose light specs are accurate.
Bullshit specs is all we have and of course they exaggerate and I never care about much their inflated lux rating, my reply was in response to nayr who brought up the lux comparison. The only thing I care the most is what sensor cams use and Dahua/Hikvision both hide that piece information. Until we see it in action it's all speculation based on bullshit specs.

Brad_C

Banned
Reaction score
just look up specs for IMX291 sensor
So I did just that. http://www.sony.net/Products/SC-HP/sensor/img/product/cmos/IMX290_291LQR_Flyer.pdf

Oddly enough the full colour example they show on the actual SONY spec sheet is at 0.08 lux with an f1.4 lens (which is pretty realistic) the internal gain was set at 63dB (which explains the significant noise in the colour image).
Maximum sensitivity values are given at f5.6, but with a 1s accumulation time. So not even remotely real-world. So where did your 0.0001 lux at full colour come from?

morpheus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,

Interesting these are under the ecco-savvy line, wonder what new sensors these are using to achieve color down to 0.006Lux@F1.4
The spec of those cams has been available since 2 months:
https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/12550-Eco-Savvy-3-0-Series

;-)

I'm really happy about the starlight cams in the eco-savy line. I'm a big fan of good lowlight cams. I've tried Dahua Starlight (PTZ) and Hikvision Darkfighter. Both are great, but both have much more features than i need/want, and both needs much more power because of those features.

I'm looking for a lowlight cam with good sensor and less power consumption. The eco-savy 3 sounds great.

The specs on the linked catalog in https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/12550-Eco-Savvy-3-0-Series says it uses exmor-r sensors and have true wdr (sensor based - multiple exposure wdr). Well it seems it is the Sony IMX291. The Dahua Super-wdr (140 db) cams seem to use the IMX123 (with DOL-WDR).

I've tried a longse with IMX178. The sensor ist great (but without true wdr). But you can not compare the longse firmware with those hik and dahua.
The longse IMX291-Cams has a f/2.0 lens and the dahua has a f/1.4 lens. f/1.4 is more than double the light of the f/2.0 lens.

regards
morpheus

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Where are you getting that it's some imx190/imx191 or that such sensor even exist because all I get is unrelated search results and this thread.

And those 0.0001 imx291 cams claim to have F1.2 lens

morpheus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I meant IMX290/291.

Where do you get thats f/1.2 lens?

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Another warning regarding spec sheets. Often the lux ratings, incompletely described and therefore almost useless anyway, are given with an f1.4-ish lens but the camera is shipped with an f2.0.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I meant IMX290/291.

Where do you get thats f/1.2 lens?
You can simply google that info, but we all know this is all BS anyway. IMX291 cams have been around for a while and I was tempted to get one, but I am not convinced that overall image quality is that good.