two stand alone cameras remote view

surveillancelot

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi!

It's a simple question, waiting for a simple answer.

I'd need to make a setup with two cameras connected directly to router. Only funtion required is to view these cameras remotely (hik connect or ivms 4500). Is it possible to view them at the same time (just like camera systems that have NVR and multiple cameras)?

surveillancelot

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Working well now.

But.... What about accessing through browser. I'm new to hik-connect and being able to access cameras without port forwarding. I'm able to remote view cameras through hik-connect mobile app, but from https://www.hik-connect.com/devices/page i can see the cameras and that those are online, but when i click their IP, I can't reach the page. Is port forwarding only way to solve this?

surveillancelot

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
answering my own question, port forwaring is needed to use browser view remotely.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
answering my own question, port forwaring is needed to use browser view remotely.
FYI - port forwarding will get you hijacked / cyberjacked - just a question of when.

Look at VPN - see the notes.

surveillancelot

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
well, for this system i decided to leave it as it is. hik-connect app is pretty good for remote view. browser remote view is pretty tricky imo.