Two way audio at the Dahua cam - Am I dreaming?

wasabi

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The best way to install and have 2-way audio is to:

1. Connect cameras to POE managed switch.

2. Connect NVR same switch

3. Connect router to switch.

4. Program the cameras IP manually.

5. Connect using IDMSS directly to the camera ensuring your router have port forwarding setup.

This above steps will work and audio will come out of the audio-out jack of the camera but you will still need a small amplifier connected it. I have this same setup at home.

Kinchyle

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Do you run power cables to the speakers? Is there such thing as a PoE splitter and PoE speaker. I looked on Amazon and poe speakers are like 200 plus....

I have same network setup but I dont port forward from the internet (dangerous...) I use openvpn. Trick is on my managed poe router I have camera ports segmented from the rest of the network except the NVR....

I dont want someone able to jack into one of my camera plugs outside and have access to my whole network. I also don't want these cameras to have internet access for some backdoor Im unaware...

Doing your design which seems direct is only option Id need to vpn to home then vpn into camera network(with 2nd vpn allowing through traffic for first vpn). Or I guess I could give the router similiar vlan permissions like the NVR where only the router port has access to the camera port and setup NAT with port forwarding or just make 1 to 1 ip and firewall.. Maybe this is what you did??

Kinchyle

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I found this
NVR/2 Way Talk Setup - Dahua Wiki
It has some pretty good walk throughs on two-way from NVR and from camera when using NVR interface. I'd assume the gDMSS mobile app uses same button concept to communicate to the camera via NVR.

wasabi

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The app is different due to the fact it’s connected directly to the NVR and not the camera.

Kinchyle

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
In gDMSS Pro I didn't add any cameras. I added the nvr and used the nvr address and login. After I added the NVR all my cameras are in a drop down. When I go to settings its similiar to NVR where I can flip through the channels/cameras per setting. Im also loading gDMSS on my wifi or openvpn onto my main network. My main network doesnt have access to my cameras(vlan on managed ppoe switch). I only have access to my nvr.
When I click NVR on live all my cameras pop up in the boxes. If i click a camera and click speaker icon I can hear from the camera mic through my phone.

Im going to play with the amplified rca speaker to the camera and see how it works with the app and nvr. If I can get it working I won't have to put more reolink argus next to my dahuas and switching between gDMSS and reolink app to talk...

## update
sorry wasbi I thought you said wasnt connected to nvr.... Disregard some of the above. Ya I think your right but seems it should work similar to nvr interface which has talk button in top right of each channel window.

wasabi

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just follow my instructions and it will work 100%. Iv tested and still have this setup at home.

It's because the NVR routes the audio to it only. It's kinder stupid if you ask me. But I think it's limited to the Poe ip camera setup.

Can someone with another brand of IP can we confirm this ?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Just follow my instructions and it will work 100%. Iv tested and still have this setup at home.

It's because the NVR routes the audio to it only. It's kinder stupid if you ask me. But I think it's limited to the Poe ip camera setup.

Can someone with another brand of IP can we confirm this ?
your instructions advise for port forwarding, terrible idea. you will get hacked. Use a vpn.

Broda1000

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all. I have same problem with my camera and speaker connected to it. I want use mobile app to tolk through and can hear in cam speaker. Unfortunately I can't hear anything.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all. I have same problem with my camera and speaker connected to it. I want use mobile app to tolk through and can hear in cam speaker. Unfortunately I can't hear anything.
did you power the speaker with an amp?