UI Password Reset

Reaction score
Hey guys, Carla here!

I just took over the Admin role at this company and I'm new to Blue Iris. The previous Admin left without giving up much information so I need your help. We have gotten access to the company server that runs Blue Iris but when we try to open it - by clicking the taskbar icon - there is a password prompt. Does anyone know how to reset this one?

We have access using admin remotely through the web portal but there doesn't seem to be any way to reset this UI password.

Thank you in advance.
Carla Thompson
CCM IT Admin

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys, Carla here!

I just took over the Admin role at this company and I'm new to Blue Iris. The previous Admin left without giving up much information so I need your help. We have gotten access to the company server that runs Blue Iris but when we try to open it - by clicking the taskbar icon - there is a password prompt. Does anyone know how to reset this one?

We have access using admin remotely through the web portal but there doesn't seem to be any way to reset this UI password.

Thank you in advance.
Carla Thompson
CCM IT Admin
You must be running as a standard windows user...that password is the windows password..also use the blueirisadmin.exe to open...

Reaction score
We can run and launch blueirisadmin.exe and the icon appears in the tray. It's when we click the icon a small window comes up in the center of the screen that just says "Blue Iris Password" with a password box, and eye icon, and an OK button. We've tried all combinations of passwords that we know and still can't get access to the server UI.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
We can run and launch blueirisadmin.exe and the icon appears in the tray. It's when we click the icon a small window comes up in the center of the screen that just says "Blue Iris Password" with a password box, and eye icon, and an OK button. We've tried all combinations of passwords that we know and still can't get access to the server UI.
Ok that is the option to require password when maximized from the tray. It is likely stored in the registry. @bp2008 may be able to help.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
You just need to change two registry keys. You can do this manually via regedit if you know how.

Code:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Perspective Software\Blue Iris\Options
"systray"=dword:00000000
"password"=""
Alternatively I have attached a zipped copy of the .reg file which you can download, extract, and run. You may need to kill any existing BlueIris.exe processes via Task Manager after applying the registry changes.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
You just need to change two registry keys. You can do this manually via regedit or by pasting the following content into a file with ".reg" extension, and running it. You may need to kill any existing BlueIris.exe processes via Task Manager after applying the registry changes.

Alternatively I have attached a zipped copy of the .reg file.

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Perspective Software\Blue Iris\Options]
"systray"=dword:00000000
"password"=""
Thanks guys! This worked.