UI3 - Click anywhere to begin streaming

Shuki

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Hi,

How can I bypass this prompt?
I use chrome to autoload maximized UI3 in full chrome screen to show cycle group, but can't get it run on OS startup automatically as this prompt persist post login.
Even If I mouse click and network will disconnect, the prompt will reappear.
I reviewed all UI3 settings, tried several things there, no luck.
I don't use camera audio, but I do want to use PC sound/alarm beep on motion or trigger (which i couldn't make that make a sound too).
Until then, i keep use old IE (non ui3) mode to show cycle group in full screen with sound alert per trigger.

1603819694273.png

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Its out of my hands. Advertisers abuse the ability to auto-play audio, so web browsers prevent it from happening until you interact with the page.

If you're tech-savvy enough, you may be able to figure out something with AutoHotkey to automatically click the screen when that message is showing. Not sure if you can detect when that message is showing though.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
In theory, chrome will eventually learn which sites you allow autoplay on, and stop requiring it. I have no idea if that actually works.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Try this?

To allow Blocks to auto-play video and audio in Chrome, do as follows:
  1. Click the three dots in the top right hand corner and select Settings.
  2. In the Settings window, click the magnifying glass icon in the top right hand corner.
  3. Type Site Settings into the search field.
  4. Click the Site Settings item that appears.
  5. At the next level, click Sound (Allow sites to play sound). You may need to expand the Additional content settings section to find Sound.
  6. Click the Add button next to Allow.
  7. Type the domain name or IP address part of the URL used by the spot. If you're using the same computer as server, you can type localhost here.
Apparently they've gone to an automatic approach now. Not sure the above still works but the option to add the permission is there in my current version of Chrome.

Last edited by a moderator:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I can verify that @Mike A. has the right answer. I edited step 5 in his post, adding a note about needing to expand the Additional content settings section.

Shuki

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Above procedure resolved my issue.
Thanks Mike!

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Good... Glad that still worked. I knew that I'd done something to permit a site that I wanted to autoplay at one point.