UI3 IE recomendations

bbakels

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,

yes i know IE is not recommended but i use my homeautomation .net application( homeseer hatouch) to display my cams which i suspect using the ie libraries to display websites.

it was working fine but since a few weeks i got out of memory messages.

checked virusscanner exclusions etc and fixed some settings by ise of the ui3 config method.

however what would be the best streaming method to set as default in the ui3 settings, im now using h264 (configured in overides) but should i try javascript or an other option?

thanks

bart

Last edited:

bbakels

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hmm, i come to the conclusion that jpeg is the only option when using IE, was this always the case?

bart

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I have been summoned! :)

Jpeg is the only option in internet explorer. If you get non-JPEG options that suggests your browser is not internet explorer.

If you get out of memory messages, it could be that your system actually is very low on memory, or it could be a bug in the web browser. The JavaScript player may work better. Or worse. Only way to know is to try. Jpeg streaming methods are the simplest and least likely to fail though.

bbakels

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have been summoned! :)

Jpeg is the only option in internet explorer. If you get non-JPEG options that suggests your browser is not internet explorer.

If you get out of memory messages, it could be that your system actually is very low on memory, or it could be a bug in the web browser. The JavaScript player may work better. Or worse. Only way to know is to try. Jpeg streaming methods are the simplest and least likely to fail though.
Thanks for tour response, i switched a year ago to ui3 since it was much better performing for my solutions. I will try to check tomorrow again which options i have in the application itself i was now just testing with IE.

Next to that i just reverted back to the latest stable since i saw some other issues, so hopefully this also solves my strange errors and crashes related to ui3 in my app.

Thanks

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk