UI3 Not Viewable Via Second NIC

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I was in my "office" a little while ago. I have a second PC there and configured the IP for the IP range of the second NIC in my BI machine that runs all the cameras. Plugged into a PoE switch, brought up a browser and went right to 10.105.7.4:81/ui3.htm so it should work for you, all things be "equal". The normal IP for my "regular" LAN is in the 192.168.132.X and I'm connected to UI3 on this laptop on that network as well right now.

Reaction score
I want to have a dedicated UI3 viewing machine on the .22 side of my Blue Iris setup but that is not able to load the webpage.
What specifically do you mean by "not able to load"? What happens?

I have a PC in my office on a different floor from the BI server. It also has two NICs, one on the home LAN and one connected to the CAM LAN. I connect the UI3 using the main home LAN address (NIC #1/sub-net #1) from this machine.

In order to help you I tried connecting via NIC#2/sub-net #2 and have no problem doing that.

2-NICS-2 comp.jpg

FWIW: the additional traffic on the home LAN side for UI3 is negligible. It is just another browser open. With six cams showing and triggers running, it takes less than 2% of my network.

mincient

n3wb
Reaction score
I apologize for my slow response, work was a little hectic today.

I was in my "office" a little while ago. I have a second PC there and configured the IP for the IP range of the second NIC in my BI machine that runs all the cameras. Plugged into a PoE switch, brought up a browser and went right to 10.105.7.4:81/ui3.htm so it should work for you, all things be "equal". The normal IP for my "regular" LAN is in the 192.168.132.X and I'm connected to UI3 on this laptop on that network as well right now.
What specifically do you mean by "not able to load"? What happens?

I have a PC in my office on a different floor from the BI server. It also has two NICs, one on the home LAN and one connected to the CAM LAN. I connect the UI3 using the main home LAN address (NIC #1/sub-net #1) from this machine.

In order to help you I tried connecting via NIC#2/sub-net #2 and have no problem doing that.
Thank you both for confirming what I thought when I started trying to set this up this way, that it should simply work...

I changed to :81 and got the same result.
From my Blue Iris machine, I can get to UI3 via either address:
1641431007112.png 1641431015762.png

From a machine on the the camera network (.22), I can ping the Blue Iris camera NIC (192.168.22.10), but not the LAN NIC (192.168.73.100). I thought I had a screenshot of that, but in the one below you can see I also tried pinging a camera and that also worked:
1641431335147.png

As far as "not able to load", the UI3 page simply does not come up:
1641431373465.png

Clearly I have done something wrong here, though I do not yet know what. Any other ideas?

Thank you again.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Out of curiosity what browser are you using? Most of today's browsers want an HTTPS connection and UI3 is an HTTP unless you configure BI to supply an HTTPS complete with a certificate.

mincient

n3wb
Reaction score
Firefox on both machines (Blue Iris and viewing) which as you mention is very insistent about trying to force to HTTPS, but I manually fight it to HTTP.

mincient

n3wb
Reaction score

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Have you tried connecting the monitoring machine to the LAN network and accessing UI3 via 192.168.73.100:81/ui3.htm URL?

mincient

n3wb
Reaction score
Have you tried connecting the monitoring machine to the LAN network and accessing UI3 via 192.168.73.100:81/ui3.htm URL?
I do not think I have. That would be easiest to try to prove the browser portion at least...
I will post an update by tomorrow after I have had a chance to try anything additional.

Reaction score
I tried some interesting tests.

If I have your info correct...

BI PC is 192.168.22.10 on CAM LAN.
BI PC is 192.168.73.100 on the Home LAN.

You can use either address for UI and it works from your BI PC.
If you use a PC on your Home LAN that has two NICs, the UI3 will come up using 192.168.22.10
If you use a PC on your Home LAN that has two NICs, the UI3 times out using 192.168.73.100

All the tests below are done on my office PC that has two NICs. The 'main' NIC is on the Home LAN and the 'secondary' NIC is on the CAM LAN:
When I open a cmd window on my office PC:
I get a time out pinging the BI PC with the CAM LAN IP address. But if I ping the BI PC with the Home LAN address, it replies.
If I do a tracert to the BI PC with the CAM LAN IP address it times out. But if i do a tracert to the BI PC with the Home LAN address it replies.

Yet I can use Chrome from my office PC to either BI PC address and it works.

In a cmd window on your PC that is on your Home LAN, try doing the command Arp -a This will list all IP connections that this PC can see. They will be divided up by interface (NIC IP address).

Do you see the BI PC IP address under each interface?

mincient

n3wb
Reaction score
It is Windows Defender Firewall on my Blue Iris machine...

If I add Public to the inbound allow rule for blueiris.exe TCP I can load UI3 via my camera network (.22).
Previously I only had Private selected.

Is this "secure"? Is there a better way to set this?

1641513277630.png

Thank you

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Thought that might be the case,

It's fine since it's on your own local network. You probably could limit the remote address to the range of your local devices if you wanted to make it a little harder. Not sure how you're coming into it remotely.