UK Users Beware of Privacy Laws

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes!
Bring back the genuine one pint glass to the USA!
Instead of pulling gun, we'd grab something close by.
And US murder rates go down in

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
The UK does have a murder rate 4.3 times lower than the united states (not that a direct comparison is entirely fair)

Interestingly in the US the District of Columbia has the highest murder rate per capita by a significant margin.
Is that all murders, or just guns, numbers are often blown way out of proportion, more people die in the us from bare hands, hammers, etc than guns, there are evil people everywhere and they will find a way to rob, beat, and or kill you, even if they have to do it with a metal pipe, or just drive the biggest death machine on the planet, their car into a crowd, I swear, too many people base their decisions on feelings and not logic.

renzoh08

n3wb
Reaction score
Same thing in the USA, its illegal to record someone voice in a cctv with out there consent

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
that is false, in some local jurisdictions that is the case however in many it is not the case.. there is no blanket rule for USA, check your local laws.

In Colorado I am permitted to record audio discretely from my own property for security purposes.. other places visible sign saying audio recording taking place is all that is required for audio recording.

Last edited:

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
In Seattle, I am permitted to record audio if I put up a sign stating that audio is being recorded. The sign on my driveway states that. If people continue onward onto my property, that is deemed "consent".

Many times, as a consumer, if you call a company, there is often a recording which states "this call may be recorded for Quality purposes". Often "Quality" has nothing to do with it. Instead, it's to meet the Legal requirement of informing. When you stay on the line, you've given the consent they need.

Fastb