Ukraine related: Was Ukraine Government Is Handing Out Guns To Citizens, What Happened to Gun Control?

N-i-k-s-o-n

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You can see the situation with traffic jams live:
1. In Moscow (for example):
2. In Kerch, to leave Crimea:
3. In the Krasnodar Territory, there is a large traffic jam at the ENTRANCE to the Crimea, to the police post:

That is, people are more willing to come to Crimea than to leave it.

Lyudmila

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Today our friend arrived in Crimea on vacation. Everything is fine. He got there safely, now he is sunbathing on the sea.

N-i-k-s-o-n

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Good timing for him .. beaches I hear are now empty by the airport ..
The main tourist beaches are located on the other side of Crimea. Well, he can visit various war memorials dedicated to victories over British, French, German troops. For example, the place of the famous Balaklava battle.

By the way, the film "The Charge of the Light Brigade" (1968) is worth watching, I haven't seen it yet.

Last edited:

N-i-k-s-o-n

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
While these buildings should not have been levelled in the first place it seems foolish to build them now. They will be levelled when Ukraine reclaims the city and Russia will have to pay to build them again. I would prioritise rebuilding the hospitals / medical facilities that were destroyed to treat the sick and provision of food, water, clothing, essential services and then residential / schools.

It also seems more a modest venture or a vanity project than full swing. I'm guessing size and method of construction would put it in the £20,000,000 bracket. This is not a lot considering the £billions required.

I'm also guessing the foundations will be subject to ground penetrating radar to ascertain what lies below.

Construction of new medical centers in Lugansk and Mariupol.

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
Interesting point made in the video about pilots being killed and again looking to history to provide answers the theory and thinking of Paddy Mayne is relevant and explained in the link provided. A natural born warrior his thinking and methods were pioneering and recent events i believe show they endure today.

First of all his opinion on prisoners of war. I have quoted this before regarding the recent massacre of Ukrainian prisoners.

"The greatest difficulty will be controlling the local resistance in their attitude towards prisoners. They must be given definite orders and must obey the rules of warfare in dealing with prisoners. Before they surrender,the Germans must be subject to every known trick, stratagem and explosive which will kill, threaten, frighten and unsettle them, but they must know that they will be safe and unharmed if they surrender"

Often talked about in military circles this is how he would unsettle them if they did not hand themselves over

Events

Explanation

I add this last link because believe it or not his life might have been more eventful out of the war. Interesting read

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
First of all his opinion on prisoners of war. I have quoted this before regarding the recent massacre of Ukrainian prisoners.

"The greatest difficulty will be controlling the local resistance in their attitude towards prisoners. They must be given definite orders and must obey the rules of warfare in dealing with prisoners. Before they surrender,the Germans must be subject to every known trick, stratagem and explosive which will kill, threaten, frighten and unsettle them,
but they must know that they will be safe and unharmed if they surrender"

Absolutely!

Surrender is what you want, not fight to the death .. this is imho extremely important.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
note: Radio Free Europe .. iirc US Government sponsored media .. still they've done a number of good videos ..

1660327704649.png
1660327730312.png

1660327784349.png

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Interesting .. covers info I did not know about Anti-Radar missiles ..

now I understand why a harm missile could be found relatively intact .. ( radar stations can shutdown when they see a missile coming towards them .. )

With the USA high tech weapon systems assisting Ukraine, I can see Ukraine recovering all of their territory as they've proven they have courage and will power on the individual level to see this battle for Ukrainian independence from Russia out.

Just a question of time now imho ( still, I will not forgive the US Administration for not pushing harder to prevent this war in the first place .. and of course, this did not need to happy .. Putin and his pals fault .. )

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
note: Radio Free Europe .. iirc US Government sponsored media .. still they've done a number of good videos ..

View attachment 136359
View attachment 136360

View attachment 136361

A reminder for all of who this grouping is

The Wagner Group (Russian: Группа Вагнера, romanized: Gruppa Vagnera), also known as PMC Wagner, ChVK[a] Wagner,[44] or CHVK Vagner,Wagner Group - Wikipedia is a Russian paramilitary organization. It is variously described as a private military company (PMC), a network of mercenaries, or a de facto private army of Russian President Vladimir Putin.[45] Officially the group does not exist.[46][45] While the Wagner Group itself is not ideologically driven,[47][48] various elements of Wagner have been linked to Neo-Nazis and far-right extremists.

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
Other than reports of a bridge being taken out its quiet today on the BBC. Looking at a map of the area it could be a logistical nightmare for the Russian invaders. If this plays out right the vast majority of Russian troops stranded with nowhere to go will surrender if guaranteed they will not be harmed :) (best case scenario it saves lives)

Thought for today

I'm not sure what the current exchange rate is but thinking ahead how many Russian POW's does it take to buy a nuclear power station back?