Ukraine related: Was Ukraine Government Is Handing Out Guns To Citizens, What Happened to Gun Control?

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
Running updates today from the BBC on Xi Jinping's visit to the fatherland. Tweet also added

Summary
  1. China's President Xi Jinping is in Moscow for a two-day visit and talks with Russian President Vladimir Putin
  2. It is Xi's first visit to Russia since Russian troops invaded Ukraine in 2022 - he's due to have lunch with Putin later, and hold formal talks on Tuesday
  3. The trip is taking place days after the International Criminal Court issued an arrest warrant for President Putin for an alleged war crime
  4. Beijing has described it as a trip “for friendship and peace”, with Russia saying the leaders will discuss a "comprehensive partnership and strategic co-operation"
  5. Last month Beijing offered proposals to end the war in Ukraine, to which the West has given a lukewarm reception
  6. Western countries have previously warned Beijing against supplying Moscow with weapons

From thread
1679322876150.png

Last edited:

wrapter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
UK sent the Stormer HVM specifically to take out Kamikaze drones/UAV. In just two weeks, 2 out of 6 Stormer HVM have been taken out by Russian loitering munition/UAV.

Also in Bakmut absolute carnage, ukraine is loosing lot of men daily, Russia is deliberately leaving one or two supply road open for ukraine but well within artillery and atgm range. This is a meat grinder city. Zelensky is a fool trying to reinforce this city against Nato advise.

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
UK sent the Stormer HVM specifically to take out Kamikaze drones/UAV. In just two weeks, 2 out of 6 Stormer HVM have been taken out by Russian loitering munition/UAV.

Also in Bakmut absolute carnage, ukraine is loosing lot of men daily, Russia is deliberately leaving one or two supply road open for ukraine but well within artillery and atgm range. This is a meat grinder city. Zelensky is a fool trying to reinforce this city against Nato advise.
I'm not too knowledgeable about military hardware and I'm not sure what this shows to be honest. There's a clip of a drone hitting a tank and it cuts before we can see the result. The other clip shows a complete miss and a completely intact tank.

However looking at the map of Bakhmut i would have said it was time to retreat weeks ago but as you have observed this hadn't happened and fighting continues. Russia was going all in when i changed my avatar to Bakhmut holds and I'm amazed i haven't had to swap it yet. I can only guess the numbers still favour Ukraine and Russia is paying a heavy price.

The Russian offensive seems to have slowed so let's see what happens. Personally I'm hoping Ukraine is deploying a Russian " rope-a-dope " strategy :)

Map and my hopes explained

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
Speaking of church's.

Falling out of Windows might catch on in Russia. Beware :rofl:

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Interesting analysis .. points out why Ukraine may have decided to remain in Bakhmut ( key answer Russia attrition )

in a nutshell summary of the current situation:
1. Russia can't move the frontline
2. Russia has expended their resources

1679768801774.png