Unable to access BI from IPhone

Cleve

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have not been able to access my cousins BI from my IPhone or his, in the past several days. Have Amcrest cameras and I have checked the P2P settings on all cameras. I can access them from the server computer by entering the IP address and logging into the cameras. I have double checked the settings and also deleted the server from my phone and set it up again by scanning the QR code. I know there have been several updates to BI lately. I manage my cousins cameras for him and update his after I update mine. No problem with mine, just his. Just wondering if anyone else has had a problem. Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Have not been able to access my cousins BI from my IPhone or his, in the past several days. Have Amcrest cameras and I have checked the P2P settings on all cameras. I can access them from the server computer by entering the IP address and logging into the cameras. I have double checked the settings and also deleted the server from my phone and set it up again by scanning the QR code. I know there have been several updates to BI lately. I manage my cousins cameras for him and update his after I update mine. No problem with mine, just his. Just wondering if anyone else has had a problem. Thanks
Why is P2P enabled on any camera? This is a security risk.
You have not mentioned how you have your remote connection setup...

Cleve

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I turned on the P2P on the Amcrest side to see If i could get them online. Server has a static IP address and ISP tech set all of that up. Using a unfi set up with fiber. System has been online for over a year with no problems.

Cleve

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I turned on the P2P on the Amcrest side to see If i could get them online. Server has a static IP address and ISP tech set all of that up. Using a unfi set up with fiber. System has been online for over a year with no problems. The remote connection to the phone was et up thru the remote wizzard

Cleve

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Zero Tier was installed for use with my home set up. Its working fine, just has a little lag in it.

Cleve

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ip address is static and he cannot connect thru the lan or wan IP. It may be something has changed in the firewall setting.

Cleve

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok Thanks, I will reach out to the ISP IT Tech and get him to check that. May be next week with the holiday coming. And by the Way Thank You for your service.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok Thanks, I will reach out to the ISP IT Tech and get him to check that. May be next week with the holiday coming. And by the Way Thank You for your service.
This is something very basic that you should learn to do yourself.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Assuming the BI server's LAN IP is static and has not changed, insure a recent Windows Update did not change your Internet connection property to "Public" from "Private."
This would be found on the BI server.

Cleve

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Its a private network. I reset BI to a known version that was working, same problem