unable to access cube camera

shafs2000

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,
Im unable to access a hikvision cube camera Model: DS-2CD2435FWD-IW
Camera boots up and responds to pings on 192.0.0.64

Not sure if if its a grey import or europe spec. Serial starts with C then its all numbers (not sure if thats any help!)
The software version listed on the box and camera are 5.5.51_180314. Ive tried to download the same version from the Hikvision website and use the Hikvision TFTP tool but with no luck :(

any ideas what else i can try?

thanks in advance

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
That's not the default IP address for that model - unless it's running the recovery firmware.

What status does SADP show for the camera? Active / Inactive / firmware version / serial number?
Assuming the PC IP address is on the 192.0.0.64 address range what happens if you double-click the IP address as shown in SADP?

shafs2000

n3wb
Reaction score
thanks for the quick reply.
Camera does not show in SADP at all.

I can only get pings from the camera bu putting my pc on the 192.0.0.x range and then it responds to 192.0.0.64.
It seems like it is in recovery mode as you mentioned.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
That's not good if SADP doesn't see it.
Previously, even the recovery mode would show in SADP even with no web services.

The older recovery mode would allow telnet access, but I suspect with such a new camera that's unlikely. But easy enough to try.

shafs2000

n3wb
Reaction score
Ah no not what I wanted to hear :(
Apologies I’m a bit of a newb with the Hikvision stuff but ok with the computer side of things...

any instructions on the telnet side of things?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
any instructions on the telnet side of things?
Activate it in Windows, if it's not available.
Something like Control panel | programs and Features | Turn Windows features on / off. I think.

Then at a command prompt :
telnet 192.0.0.64
and see if it connects.

shafs2000

n3wb
Reaction score
just to update this thread, id given up hope with the last year...yesterday i was sorting through my stuff and nearly threw it out.....i thought id give it one more go...
I got the latest 2020 firmware from Hikvision site, used the TFTP software to transfer the file.
previously I just could not get it to work on 192.0.0.64 (even though it responded to pings and wouldnt show in SADAP)
I used wireshark and found it was trying to communicate on 192.168.1.64!
Once i changed to this IP range, it TFTP'ed the fimware back into the camera and i was able to gain access to it once again.