Unable to eliminate video "traces" during movement

msquared

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Did you try defaulting the camera settings? Did this recently start or always done this? Made any changes recently to either the camera settings or recording software? Try a firmware update?

bigbadw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you try defaulting the camera settings? Did this recently start or always done this? Made any changes recently to either the camera settings or recording software? Try a firmware update?
Very good questions. I made no changes to the camera or firmware. I can't be sure how long it has been this way, I just noticed it recently as I went through some video reviews. I wasn't smart enough to try and reset the camera.. sorry. After all this trying so many different approaches, I kinda got convinced it was inside the camera, so follow advice, I'm installing a Dahua 4MP Ultra-low light camera and will report back.

bigbadw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes. See threads on the low light cameras from dahua and hik. 4mp with 1/1.8" sensors. They will blow your mind compared to these.
They have white light led and ir led options.
Holy camera, Batman. The new Dahua 4mp Ultra-lowlight camera is amazing! I am completely convinced that the original camera that started this post simply went bad. I picked up the camera like you suggested (only $66) and holy heck. The night time image is incredible. I can actually see individual water drops on the Truck cover. I walked through the camera range and blurring is gone. (I do have some configuration work to do still though). Thank you AGAIN fenderman!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Holy camera, Batman. The new Dahua 4mp Ultra-lowlight camera is amazing! I am completely convinced that the original camera that started this post simply went bad. I picked up the camera like you suggested (only $66) and holy heck. The night time image is incredible. I can actually see individual water drops on the Truck cover. I walked through the camera range and blurring is gone. (I do have some configuration work to do still though).
What model camera did you buy? There is no low light 4mp dahua camera with a 1/1.8 sensor that is $66.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Holy camera, Batman. The new Dahua 4mp Ultra-lowlight camera is amazing! I am completely convinced that the original camera that started this post simply went bad. I picked up the camera like you suggested (only $66) and holy heck. The night time image is incredible. I can actually see individual water drops on the Truck cover. I walked through the camera range and blurring is gone. (I do have some configuration work to do still though). Thank you AGAIN fenderman!
Yeah, where can I pick that camera up! I will replace every camera at that price. @EMPIRETECANDY said he would have some Black Friday deals, so maybe LOL

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I knew that was too good to be true LOL. That's a 1/3" sensor not the 1/1.8" sensor LOL.

bigbadw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I knew that was too good to be true LOL. That's a 1/3" sensor not the 1/1.8" sensor LOL.
My bad. I didn't see any offering the 1/1.8 sensor but did pick up on the ultra low light and it really is impressive. Apologies for misleading anyone.

Kikoace

n3wb
Reaction score
My bad. I didn't see any offering the 1/1.8 sensor but did pick up on the ultra low light and it really is impressive. Apologies for misleading anyone.
Here are the links to the ones I bought on Amazon. Truly amazing, especially at night. Thanks ipcamtalk and EmpireTech-Andy aka EMPIRETECANDY.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.