Unable to open file: 80004002

MXW

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a set of cameras that when I try to view a clip I get a blank screen with the above error. I get the same error if I navigate to the "New" directory and double click on a clip. All cameras have the same record settings. BVR format and direct to disk recording. I have a number of "reolink" cameras that work fine. The ones I am having trouble with are "IQeye", "Axis" and "Toshiba" models. The BVR file size indicates that they are recording, just cannot view the recordings. Any clue what setting could be causing this on these older cameras?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a set of cameras that when I try to view a clip I get a blank screen with the above error. I get the same error if I navigate to the "New" directory and double click on a clip. All cameras have the same record settings. BVR format and direct to disk recording. I have a number of "reolink" cameras that work fine. The ones I am having trouble with are "IQeye", "Axis" and "Toshiba" models. The BVR file size indicates that they are recording, just cannot view the recordings. Any clue what setting could be causing this on these older cameras?
disable hardware decoding/acceleration for the cameras in the video tab of blue iris

MXW

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you the pointer. I found that I could leave the decoding on but had to disable the "Also BVR" setting. For anyone stumbling onto this I am running version 4.8.4.3 and using the more recent Nvidia CUDA accelerator. Thanx again.