Unable to Open File: 80004005

Reaction score
Well, on the to the next thing.

I changed the settings so that the clips are saved to my D drive instead of the C. The recording seems fine, but when I click on the clips to play them, I get: Unable to Open file: 80004005. The weird thing is that across the top of the box where the clip should be playing, it will show the path to a jpg (like d:\blueiris\cam1.20141129_162356.13140.2.jpg) even though I am trying to play a video clip.

Has anyone seen this before?

Here is a screen shot.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Try regenerating your database and see if it helps...right click on the clips section>database>repair

Reaction score
Thanks.

I do that and it consolidates all the clips into a couple big clips of several hours long that are now playable. However, the next clip that is recorded has the same problem until I do the repair again.

Reaction score
Ok, so I noticed something this morning. I have the pre-trigger frame buffer set to 100 on this camera. I noticed that when I get a motion record event I get two different clips. One only has the recording for this one event, about 30 sec long (in the example below, there were two cars driving by so it kept recording, but most of them are just 30 sec). The other has recordings for multiple events that get appended to the recording. Confused yet?

The first recording gives me the playback error. The second, appended recording, plays fine. Additionally, from looking at the time stamp on the first clip, it only contains video from the time the motion is detected, not the 7 or so seconds BEFORE the motion is detected as per the setting in the pre-trigger frame buffer. The second appended recording does have the extra 7 seconds pre-motion. I hope this all makes sense.

Here's another screen shot. The top clip you will notice starts at 9:46:53. This is the time the motion was detected. This is the video that gives the error. The bottom clip starts at 9:46:46, 7 seconds before the motion is detected and it plays just fine.

Hope this all makes sense. Does this info mean anything to anyone?

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Its strange that you are getting two recordings...try deleting the camera and adding it again...