Unable to open file: 80004005

CBers

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Whenever there is a new motion detection video create by BI, it never plays in the console, but I get the above error.why is this please?

Does the BI have a lock on the file or something, as I can't even play the file directly from the folder where there stored.

I'm running BI v4.6.3 x64.

Thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Whenever there is a new motion detection video create by BI, it never plays in the console, but I get the above error.why is this please?

Does the BI have a lock on the file or something, as I can't even play the file directly from the folder where there stored.

I'm running BI v4.6.3 x64.

Thanks.
Are you recording to mp4?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You need to install the proper MP4 codec.... Also you will not be able to play an mp4 file, while it's still open and being recorded to... So you should disable combining cut... MP4 is not a good format to use... You should be using bvr... There is a recent thread where I post a link to the proper codec

CBers

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So why is recording to MP4 an option when it isn't totally compatible.

Do you have that link please?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So why is recording to MP4 an option when it isn't totally compatible.

Do you have that link please?
It is compatible...it's a defect in how MP4 works... for specific needs it may be useful...for general surveillance it's not... search the word codec for the link...like I said use bvr..

CBers

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The BVR format is proprietary, so I can't use the videos in Emby (like Plex), which how I would like to view the clips when not in front of the console, hence why I used MP4.

I'll try that codec, but I hate having to install codex packs.

Thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The BVR format is proprietary, so I can't use the videos in Emby (like Plex), which how I would like to view the clips when not in front of the console, hence why I used MP4.

I'll try that codec, but I hate having to install codex packs.

Thanks.
Still won't be able to view MP4 while it is being written....it's is also more resource intensive..... reviewing video in plex makes no sense...

CBers

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Still won't be able to view MP4 while it is being written....it's is also more resource intensive..... reviewing video in plex makes no sense...
If it's still being written to, that's something I'll have to live with, but I don't do continuous recording.

Why does it not make sense to view in Emby ?? That's a personal decision.

Emby has a Security Cameras plugin written for this purpose.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If it's still being written to, that's something I'll have to live with, but I don't do continuous recording.

Why does it not make sense to view in Emby ?? That's a personal decision.

Emby has a Security Cameras plugin written for this purpose.
Because reviewing on the blue iris server with a timeline and 256x playback is much more efficient. Even if you dont do continuous recording mp4 will cause problems. You need to disable combine and cut for each camera..even then if the even is still ongoing you wont be able to see it..only the live view...so if your break time is 30 seconds, you will have to wait at least that long with no other trigger to see your video...

Sammy2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm a Blue Iris and Emby User. I use the Security Camera Plugin in Emby. The advantage is being able to switch Emby to the Plugin Channel quickly if watching TV on Emby with merely the remote where as getting to the Blue Iris Console or finding my phone (I know it is sitting right next to me!) takes time. I suppose it is about convenience but all the same it would be cool to tap into that Blue Iris Stream or review recordings on Emby like is done in Vera but it is not the end of the world for sure. All that said, I use BVR and that is okay by me as it works well in Blue Iris.

Sammy2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So where's the dvr storing the files?

CBers

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
OK, so I've been using BVR recording for the last 24 hours, but I still don't get recordings play all the time in the console, even if they are several hours old.

The recordings don't play at all in the mobile app.

I get the hi-res images to show, just no recordings.

Suggestions please?

Thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, so I've been using BVR recording for the last 24 hours, but I still don't get recordings play all the time in the console, even if they are several hours old.

The recordings don't play at all in the mobile app.

I get the hi-res images to show, just no recordings.

Suggestions please?

Thanks.
you have something set incorrectly...what error do you get?

CBers

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
you have something set incorrectly...what error do you get?
Actually, just tried again and 2 play OK, but looks like the other 2 are just images..

I'll check again in the morning.

CBers

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sorry, I edited my post at the same time you replied.