Unable to open file 80004005

Zed273

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm new to BI so please forgive me if this is a common/answered question. I did flex my google-fu but found little to help.

Recently my BI started having problems opening files. I moved the database and storage folders a while back and there were no problems. But perhaps with a recent BI update, I get the "Unable to open file 80004005" error.

If I right-click the clips section and select "Database -- Repair/Rebuild" everything gets fixed, for the clips that already exist. But any future clips which I double-click on from that point forward will return the "unable to open file 80004005" error. And if I then repair/rebuild I can view those clips again.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong whereby I could fix this error and not have to repair/rebuild all the time?

Thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@Zed273 Where did you move the DB folder to?

Instead of repairing the DB, delete the entire folder so that BI is forced to completely rebuild it from scratch.

Zed273

n3wb
Reaction score
@Zed273 Where did you move the DB folder to?

Instead of repairing the DB, delete the entire folder so that BI is forced to completely rebuild it from scratch.
I moved the Databese folder to C:\Stuff\Surveillance. It's also the same folder where I'm storing all the clips. I deleted the folder and rebooted. It rebuilt the database but still have the same problem.

Just now I re-deleted the folder and changed the clip folders to a different folder than the Database folder. Will report-back if that works.

Zed273

n3wb
Reaction score
Reporting back -- seems to be working now after the most recent changes. Thanks for the help!